VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

What song reminds you of GAdv.

Nitro24

Most Taylor Swift songs remind me of GADV, because I always hear them playing in Frontier Adventures. Also, the Main Theme and Love Theme from Superman both remind me of the park because it used to be that when I arrived at the park early, it was quiet except for the sound of that music coming from Superman's station.

• Like 1

"(Angel is a) Centerfold" by J. Geils Band. I remember that getting a lot of play on Musik Express, and I always thought the song went well with the motion of the neighboring Enterprise. I always picture Enterprise spinning in dappled summer sunlight when I hear the "Na-na-na-na-na-na" part of the song.

• Like 2

• 4 years later...

"If I Ever Lose My Faith In You" by Sting. I remember watching the music video for it on the TVs while waiting on the left side queue that ran along the back of the building. It was probably memorable because there was a cute girl on line in front of us that seemed to be checking me out in line. Although I was finally brave enough to ride roller coasters, I was not yet brave enough to approach a girl! That song always brings me right back there.

• 11 months later...
15 hours ago, Tbone112499 said:

Not really a song, but Billy Joel’s album The Stranger. Always listened to it on trips to the park with friends. Also because it never really left my car’s CD player :lol:

How old are you?  That album came out when I was in high school and I played it until I wore out the record on my turntable!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tbone112499 said:

18, inherited my vinyl copy from my dad! Both of us big Billy Joel fans!

My brother sells and installs big party tents.  A couple years ago he sold Billy Joel a large tent for his Long Island mansion.  When he went there to install the tent, Joel was actually home and came out of the house and introduced himself (as if he needed to).

2 hours ago, dougdrummer said:

My brother sells and installs big party tents.  A couple years ago he sold Billy Joel a large tent for his Long Island mansion.  When he went there to install the tent, Joel was actually home and came out of the house and introduced himself (as if he needed to).

That’s amazing! I can remember seeing Billy Joel with Paul McCartney in a concert at Yankee Stadium a few years back. Both of them great performers.

• 3 weeks later...

Almost any pop or rock song that come out in the 90s and 2000s because most of the music the park plays is popular music from the past 15-20 years and it is usually focused on ones from the 2000s. I don't have a specific song that reminds me of the park as a whole but certain songs remind me of certain rides and areas usually because they get overplayed in those areas. A Thousand Miles is played like every time I pass the Main Street Fountain when they don't have the dance party making it basically the first song I expect to hear in that area. Green Lantern's queue TVs seem to play this song and its accompanying music video called The Great Escape whenever I'm in line which reminds me more of the actual park in upstate New York but still reminds me of getting past the games area.

• 6 months later...

We Like to Party by Vengaboys, of course. Also, Run-DMC's version of Walk This Way is starting to remind me of Superman Ultimate Flight, because a POV of that ride on You-Tube has that song playing over the speakers during the queue. Funny, because the original will forever remind me of Rock 'n' Roller Coaster.

Also, Brick House by the Commodores is beginning to remind me of when I heard it on Main Street at the end of my first visit to Six Flags.

I know everyone else is saying the same thing, but I have to go with We Like To Party by Vengaboys.  Can never forget that Mr. Six commercial!  Also, the Holiday in the Park theme song played when the Celebrate The Season show is going on reminds me of Great Adventure's Holiday In The Park

Beyond the Mr. Six/We like to party song...I can't really pinpoint a particular song. 

But...I totally miss Alfred telling you to "hang (or hold?) on, you're in for a bit of a bumpy ride" right before Batman launched. (I practically lived in GA in the 90's lol) That phrase always makes me think of GA. I was so disappointed when we started coming again and they no longer had that recording playing. 

• 2 weeks later...

Sort of related to the topic of music.... this past summer I’ve been trying to compile different park-related music playlists. A work in progress definitely (and harder to complete as music is rotated for FF and HITP), I’ve been focused on section-themed music. Here’s a link for anyone interested to my “Metropolis” playlist. Hopefully I’ll have a window to add new songs to this particular playlist if they don’t play any FF music in the area similar to how they do in the main park area near the fountain, Adventure Alley and Lakefront. Enjoy! 

https://itunes.apple.com/us/playlist/metropolis/pl.u-yZyVW5VC9xYxAX

• 2 months later...
On 8/28/2018 at 3:44 AM, hollyferry said:

Beyond the Mr. Six/We like to party song...I can't really pinpoint a particular song. 

But...I totally miss Alfred telling you to "hang (or hold?) on, you're in for a bit of a bumpy ride" right before Batman launched. (I practically lived in GA in the 90's lol) That phrase always makes me think of GA. I was so disappointed when we started coming again and they no longer had that recording playing. 

Yet they still have "Here on Superman Ultimate Flight!" ???

EDIT: They don't, I was watching a 2013 video when they still had it and I just remembered they didn't when I rode it, or maybe I just didn't hear it.

They also don't have "In brightest day. In blackest night." during the lift hill of Green Lantern anymore, yet they still have the speakers on the hill. I was totally confused when the ride launched and we went up because I was expecting to hear it for some reason

Also can't forget about "BIZARRO #1!"

The Joker has a Joker automated spiel but they rarely use it.

But why tf does Cyborg not have an automated spiel? I wanna hear Bumper Robinson doing his cute Cyborg voice telling you how he's training you for Justice League: Battle for Metropolis, and right before the ride launches, he'd say "BOO-YAH!"

Edited by DantheWoman