VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

5-20-12

gasmspiritblue

Today i went to GA with my dad to ride Sky screamer. We got to the park at around 12:25 and went straight to sky screamer. All the q's were filled up to the entrance. At around 45 min. of waiting and then the ride broke down, we had to wait about 10 min. for the mechanic while the ride STOPED around the top of the tower. Then 5 later the ride came down. Then people had to complain to the op. 20 min. later we got of and it was very fun. Seeing the whole park was great, i thought that the wheel was tall. Then we headed to Nitro, we waited about 45 and got on the B train. The ride was smooth, nothing wrong with it. Also waiting on line in the station i noticed that sky screamer was sending up empty seats again so i suspect that it broke down a 2nd time. That day the sky ride stopped onece and re-started, it also kept closing and opening like once every hour. After Nitro, we headed to Beast Of The West for lunch. I got a rodeo burger and fries, my dad got the same. It was very good and the fries were golden and crispy. After that we went to El Toro but the line was really long so we went to thunder. We went on the left side and it was only running one train. The right had blue, yellow trains and the left only had green train. I noticed that they added row numbers on the side. We waited about 45 and walked wright to the front row with no extra line which was AWOSOME. I was clanky and rough but i enjoy the left side so it was fun, in the front to. My dad hated thunder because when we go only the right side is open but he enjoyed the left side though. After that we go vanella shakes a vanilla shakes, which were very good. I noticed that sky screamer was not running again for 20 min so it broke a 3rd time. The day started with clear skies and it was about 75 degrees and when we left at 5:09 it droped to 70 degrees and it got cloudy and windy. The park was crowded with long lines even the Runaway Train had a few q's filled. Lastly we went on deja vu and my dad thought it was cool to see the rainbow because he worked there in the 80's. We only got on 4 rides but the day was still fun.

Ride Count:

Sky Screamer:1

Nitro:1

Rolling Thunder (Left):1

Deja Vu:1

Food:

Best of the West

Johnny Rockets

Time at the Park:

12:25-5:09=

4:09 hours

Edited by gasmspiritblue

It was really crowded today, I looked at the events list in the e-mail the park sends every 2 weeks and all it said was the Spring Dance Fest but there was a Catholic Youth Rally as well that wasn't listed. If Sky Screamer has a full queue on a season pass preview day, what's going to happen on a regular operating day?

It was really crowded today, I looked at the events list in the e-mail the park sends every 2 weeks and all it said was the Spring Dance Fest but there was a Catholic Youth Rally as well that wasn't listed. If Sky Screamer has a full queue on a season pass preview day, what's going to happen on a regular operating day?

I was at the park today too and it was god awlful crowded for a Sunday. The website didn't list the Catholic Youth Rally in the events list, if I had known about it I would have gone to Dorney instead. Dispatchs were very slow today, even Nitro was surprisingly slow with their dispatches. Skull Mt was the only coaster with quick dispatches this time. Nitro also looked like it must have had alot of pukers today, almost the whole station floor was covered in puddles from hosing the vomit, yuck. I did get to ride the new Sky Screamer with the season pass preview but the line was still really long, it was a good ride. Despite that I was still pretty disappointed with my trip to GADV this time since it was alot more crowded than I expected and the severely degraded operations.

^ Thank you for the comment about Skull Mountain, it's always nice when members write a good comment about Skull. :]

The park has been much more crowded than last year and I honestly think it's due to the season pass deals on the website. I typically only know about eight people that get season passes which would be my family though now this year I know a ton more who have been going there due to gas prices and the fact that the season pass deal is online. That along with the events listed on the website are probably why the park is much more crowded than it was, last year.

I was at the park today too and it was god awlful crowded for a Sunday. The website didn't list the Catholic Youth Rally in the events list, if I had known about it I would have gone to Dorney instead.

I probably wouldn't have gone yesterday either if I had known. It's going to be tough to find slow days now I think. I would have thought maybe Wednesday or Thursday might be slow but I went to the park on that Wednesday last year and it was jammed, Green Lantern was almost a 2 hour wait (at least according to the person at the ride entrance since there was no way I was willing to wait that long).

I probably wouldn't have gone yesterday either if I had known. It's going to be tough to find slow days now I think. I would have thought maybe Wednesday or Thursday might be slow but I went to the park on that Wednesday last year and it was jammed, Green Lantern was almost a 2 hour wait (at least according to the person at the ride entrance since there was no way I was willing to wait that long).

Yeah we've been stacking trains. We need to pick it up, now with our third train.

^ Thank you for the comment about Skull Mountain, it's always nice when members write a good comment about Skull. :]

The park has been much more crowded than last year and I honestly think it's due to the season pass deals on the website. I typically only know about eight people that get season passes which would be my family though now this year I know a ton more who have been going there due to gas prices and the fact that the season pass deal is online. That along with the events listed on the website are probably why the park is much more crowded than it was, last year.

Your welcome skullmountain, I try to give credit where it's do. Seems like GADV is booking alot more groups and events than ever this year. I would not be surprised if nearly every operating day is booked with something.

1337659994[/url]' post='43362']

Your welcome skullmountain, I try to give credit where it's do. Seems like GADV is booking alot more groups and events than ever this year. I would not be surprised if nearly every operating day is booked with something.

My school is going tomorrow for a school trip as a prize for participating in the school play.(I'm going too!!) so excited for it, although I hope it doesn't rain and hopefully there won't be too many other geoups

Edit:*groups

Edited by joeyc98

I think Aug is the most crowded month, everytime I go to HH during that month it's busy and I can see from there that GADV's parking lot is overflowing with cars and buses. May used to be a pretty uncrowded month for GADV, but not in recent years. This past sunday it was mostly cars, spaces were taken all the way up to the tree line and even prefered parking was almost full which I don't see very often. They are just doing a good job preventing slow days which is something I am not 100% happy with. Also most of the oprations in the park that day were poor with very slow dispatching for many rides, even Nitro. I don't expect to see many more slow days for the rest of this season if any.

Edited by The Master

I haven't been to the park in August since 2008, it's too crowded for me.

Weekdays in May used to be empty once they went to daily operations the 2nd week of May but they got rid of most of those days. In 2010 I went to the park on a Wednesday in the middle of May and there was basically no one there except a few school groups. No lines at all.

Even September will be more crowded now with Fright Fest starting earlier this year.

Edited by Yoshi