VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Hurricane Harbor's Season #13 starts this weekend!

Agreed, I would go a few times in early June if they were open on weekdays (instead I will be going to WWK next week). I went for the 3 park pass this year so I guess I'll have to go in July during the week.

I went to HH today (Sunday) and it was a mess. With the new Flashpass system, they make non Flashpass holders wait at the base of the towers. They only let a couple of peopke go at a time after very long intervals and just backs the lines up really bad. They are basically forcing people to rent a Flashpass to be able to have a somewhat decent time, without it and the park is horrible. After that trip I regretted getting a 3 park pass this year and I probably won't be getting a season pass for HH next year.

Edited by The Master

They only let a couple of peopke go at a time after very long intervals and just backs the lines up really bad.

Were there a lot of Flash Pass users that slowed the line, or was it just having to wait on the ground instead of waiting on the stairs? My concern would be that the ride sits idle for small periods of time because the attendants aren't sending up enough guests to keep the throughput flowing.

Were there a lot of Flash Pass users that slowed the line, or was it just having to wait on the ground instead of waiting on the stairs? My concern would be that the ride sits idle for small periods of time because the attendants aren't sending up enough guests to keep the throughput flowing.

I did't see any flash pass users, the attenendants were just pulsing the regular line up the stairs. Also I noticed they had much fewer tubes out by the landing pools for the slides. So you now have 3 waits for most slides, one for tubes, second at the base of the stairs, and third wait on the stairs unless you spend alot extra for rental tubes and flashpass which is somthing I can't afford everytime I want to go to HH.

Edited by The Master

Are all slides open to non Flashpass users? That was the biggest issue I had when I read about certain slides being Flashpass only last year. Based on your report, I'm not sure if I even will bother going to Hurricane Harbor if waits are going to be that bad. I am surprised it is so expensive, since I thought at White Water it was $15 for regular last year,

i bought the flash pass today! it worked out very well! :)

It's okay if you are a day tripper who only go there a couple of times a year, but if you are a SP holder that likes (or used to like) going there often, most likely you can't afford to rent a Flash pass every time. Having the FP system in place makes the park experience for non FP user worse so that FP users (which are mostly people who visit the park once) can have a better time.

Yoshi, I don't know about Four Winds since I didn't make it over there and Bada Bings were closed, but I saw with the Bada Bings one stairway was now only for Flashpass users. They did allow non FP users to slide down all the Hurricane Mt slides, but the yellow toboggan slide was closed that day. They do have alot of FP attendants running the system, each tower has a set of FP attendants pulsing people to get tubes, and a second set to pluse people up the stairs, so I guess SF has to charge alot to cover all those extra employee wages. I kind of suspect Bada Bing was closed because they didn't have enough FP attendants to manage the Flash pass system for that tower that day, so it was closed to everyone even though water was running though it.

That's good that all slides were open to everyone but it sounds like it really isn't implemented good for non Flashpass users. I guess it's the opposite of the amusement park where Flashpass rarely seems to effect the standby line but in Hurricane Harbor it really makes the wait times worse.

• 7 months later...

I hate to say it, but 2012 was probably the worst season at HH I have ever seen so far. The new FP has really screwed up the lines. I only slid on the Bada Bings once each for the whole season and I never made it over to 4 Winds. The damn FP systems just backs the stand by lines so badly anymore that it's easiler to get on the slides at Hershey than HH anymore. The whole thing just makes me really disgusted at I don't think I am going to bother with a two park pass this year, HH is just a waste of time now. Plus the new slide has such poor capacity which. Hopefully they will solve some of the problems that FP is causing but I doubt it.

Even though I had the 3 park pass this past year, I didn't get to HH mostly because I wasn't at the ride park most of the time HH was open. Even though I have HH access again for 2013 since it was free with the Premium Pass I'm still not sure I want to try it especially if they aren't open during the week in June when is usually a good time to go to a waterpark since many school groups going to the amusement park aren't allowed to go to the water park.