VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Test Track Rehab?

ThemeParkRider

Hey I started this topic to see if any other Disney-goers knew more about this. When I took a trip to Disney World in May and found Test Track closed, I was disappointed (I thought it was a simple rehab.) But when I learned the details of its makeover I was actually a little angry. If you check here you can read about what's in store. While I agree with the idea of updating a ride, doesn't this seem a little over the top? The whole ride seems to basically just say "COMPUTERS!" and it just looks like Tron with cars. While Disney has improved many of my favorites, I think they're taking this too far.

Edited by ThemeParkRider

I hate the CGI being added to everything. I prefer the old fashioned audio animatronics. I wish World of Motion would come back too, I miss that ride a lot along with Horizons and the original Journey Imagination (with the old 2nd floor Image Works).

I know it's not quite the same but Toy Story Mania a ride that everyone goes crazy over barely felt like a ride, it feels more like you are playing a video game compared to Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin while not as technologically impressive feels like you are in a video game.

I know it's not quite the same but Toy Story Mania a ride that everyone goes crazy over barely felt like a ride, it feels more like you are playing a video game compared to Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin while not as technologically impressive feels like you are in a video game.

Could not agree more Yoshi!

^ Yes, exactly! I managed to get on Horizons once before its removal, and it was simply awesome. I love Test Track because of its simplicity, and although its okay to update these rides a little(interactive queue area in Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain) this ride doesn't look authentic anymore. It was the actual props and audio animatronics that made it great.

Guest racinggal17

^ Yes, exactly! I managed to get on Horizons once before its removal, and it was simply awesome. I love Test Track because of its simplicity, and although its okay to update these rides a little(interactive queue area in Haunted Mansion, Space Mountain) this ride doesn't look authentic anymore. It was the actual props and audio animatronics that made it great.

When are they gonna reopen Test Track?