VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

July 9th is Halftime for the 2013 season

It is hard to believe that given the number of operating days in the 2013 season, July 9th marks the half way point. It is hard to believe the season is already half completed.

So, how has it gone so far? Have you attended more or less than you expected? How about your ride counts or overall experiences?

Before we know it we will start to see Fright Fest decorations and begin counting down the remainder of the season. Time does fly!

We bought our season passes and parking pass last October and went to Fright Fest 3x. We have already made up for the cost of all the passes so all visits this year are free. We went to the amusement park 2x so far and the water park 1x so far. We are planning another water park visit in July and 2 more at least in August. We will probably go the Fright fest 3x again, especially since it is starting 2 weeks early this year. Opening weekend is a bring a friend free weekend and there is a coupon for one free haunted trail.

I also bought a season pass for the go karts in October last year.

I have been to the park 12 times so far this season, I think last year at this point I was at around 10 trips. The season is going by way too fast for me, the thought of it being 3 1/2 months until the offseason isn't something I am looking forward to. Last year I went to the park 22 times which was a record for me and I don't know if I'll get as many trips in this year. I usually don't go to the park much in July and August and start going again almost every week in September and through October (I am really looking forward to all those Friday night Fright Fest operating days)

My ride counts are ok, I would have liked to have been up to 50 Nitro rides by now for the season. Right now for 2013 they are:

Nitro - 38

Superman - 4

Bizarro - 14

Kingda Ka - 16

Skull Mountain - 23

Rolling Thunder Right - 5

Rolling Thunder Left - 2

Runaway Mine Train - 24

The Dark Knight - 14

Blackbeard's Lost Treasure Train - 7

Green Lantern – 16

Edited by Yoshi

Ive been to Gadv 4 times and HH 2 times (1 visit was a trip to both parks on the same day). It's been less than usual the past few years and my family and I are starting to get bored with Gadv. With a lack of shows and everyone just really riding coasters, we have been taking longer lunch breaks and sitting in the car from 12-1 instead of 12-12:30 and been leaving earlier like around 2-3 instead of 3 or 4pm. HH is just ok; too crowded at the wave pool with rude people all around. Most times it takes too long just to get a soda refill there. Lack of tubes at the lazy river is getting old and the slow dispatching on the slides is also something we are not too happy with.

We were going to go this past sunday (July 7th) but the kids and I were just not too excited to go back. If they had a few indoor shows that were A/C cooled and/or just a few more shows in general, we just don't feel like going to the park and just stand in lines with it being 90 degrees out. My wife would rather drive the 2 1/2 hours to go to SFA just for the shows and the way the park is laid out (smaller/water park inside/parking closer)

Now with that said, we will probably go July 14th, but we might actually drive down to DC and go to SFA again. We enjoyed our visit there a few weeks ago but was not able to do everything that we wanted to do. It would be a 2 1/2 trip instead of a 45min trip

I haven't hit the park nearly as many times as I used to, and I'm a little disappointed with myself. I had only a few really good visits to the park including The Foreigner concert and when my own band played at the Festival Stage. I still haven't gotten the chance to see the new Safari ride either. However, Fright Fest is my favorite time of the season and I think I will be returning much more.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I'm a little late on posting this, but as of July 9, Ive been to the park 14 times. So far its been a good year.

My top ten Great Adventure rides so far are

Skull Mountain - 23
Batman: The Ride - 22
El Toro - 21
Runaway Mine Train - 20
Nitro - 17
Bizarro - 17

Skyway - 15

Superman Ultimate Flight - 14

The Dark Knight - 10
Parachute Training Center - 10

Edited by Chiller