VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

If Great Adventure added a new water ride...

As we sit in the middle of yet another heat wave, thoughts of cool and refreshing water rides can't be far from the top of the minds of many Great Adventure guests.

Unfortunately, the Great Adventure theme park has suffered a bit of a drought for far too long when it comes to water rides. Even though we have an excellent flume ride and the world's oldest rapids ride, our last water ride installation was in 1987 with Splash Water Falls and after once having seven water attractions (including the Adventure River slide complexes) we are now down to just two.

Many new types of water rides have been designed in recent years and Great Adventure's theme park is long overdue for a new water experience. So what type of water ride would you like to see built next at Great Adventure?

I would like to see a Mack water coaster built next - part flume, part coaster, and part dark ride. It would be nice to see something similar to the Atlantis ride at Sea World Orlando, although to be realistic, on a smaller scale.

800px-Journey_to_Atlantis_-_SeaWorld_Orl

I guess I'm a little bothered by the thought that something like Atlantis is not realistic for Great Adventure. Most of what the park adds as new attractions these days appear to be cheap and tacky amusement park rides, with little thought to theme or overall impact on the "experience as a whole." I think I saw a comment from someone else that the park is becoming nothing more than a tacky amusement park with little thought given to planning or the experience as a whole. Sometime, and I believe it has to be sometime soon, the park has got to start offering a better quality experience than that of a tacky amusement park. When Great Adventure's biggest competitors become the many boardwalks found in New Jersey, the ability to draw expanded attendance and higher per-cap spending will really decline. To think that something like Atlantis is not realistic for a park that claims to be the largest "theme" park in the world, is really sad.

I believe a quality themed experience is possible, just not on the scale of Orlando's Atlantis. That was a major investment just short of Splash Mountain. After this first version, even the other Sea Worlds built less elaborate versions of Atlantis in their other parks.

The budget for a ride like Atlantis would easily eat Six Flags' entire capital budget for all parks for a season which has recently been $100 million +/-.

Just keeping it real!

I'd like to see a Vekoma Splash Party:

http://www.vekoma.com/index.php/family-coasters/splash-party

The only problem I see is that capacity could be an issue.

During April and Fright Fest, they could run it without water.

Edited by Yoshi

I'd like to see a Vekoma Splash Party:

http://www.vekoma.com/index.php/family-coasters/splash-party

The only problem I see is that capacity could be an issue.

During April and Fright Fest, they could run it without water.

Very similar to the former Roller Soaker at Hershey.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 years later...