VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Kings Dominion Trip Questions

ThemeParkRider

I'm going to be making a trip down south Labor Day weekend and one of the stops I'll be making is to Kings Dominion. Aside from what I've seen on the park website and Wikipedia, I know basically nothing about the park. My main questions are which rides should I prioritize, and about how big is the park? I plan on getting there early and will have someone relaxing in the water park watching our items, which is how I would handle Dorney. Any other advice will be appreciated! (I'll most likely do a trip report too)

KD is a great park, comparable in size to Great Adventure. The priorities for rides are always the coasters which all draw long lines. It's been a couple of years since I was there (they've added Dominator and Intimidator since I was there last), but my two favorite coasters in the park are Volcano and Grizzly. The crowd is very much like GA's crowds (they were one of the first non-Six Flags parks to add metal detectors) and I would recommend spending the money on their pay to cut passes if you want to be able to do all the rides.