VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom - NOW OPEN!

GAcoaster

i feel this ride is just a start of even bigger things coming in 2015. people should not complain. I bet a great coaster will fill in rolling thunder's place.

I hope your right about that, although right now the rumors insist that a new coaster will go where the chiller was, guess we'll have to wait and see.

Like some of the people here, I have mixed emotions about this news. Rolling Thunder was a great coaster for kids but as my kids got older they couldn't fit in the seats. As for me the ride was way to rough and became painful to me. So I'm sorry to see it go but it was just not enjoyable anymore. Perhaps in the near future they can add another woodie that sit in the Batman Arena area. Now as for the drop tower, hell yeah i'm excited for it. I miss Freefall so this fits the bill nicely.

i dont understand why on the website it says "Three soaring Zumanjaro towers will be built on the face of the massive Kingda Ka coaster debuting during the park’s 41st season." 41st? well six flags if the park opened in 1974, wouldnt it make it its 40th season?

^no seasons and years are always different. When you first open your gates thats the clock starting from zero on the number of years you are open. But the moment you open your gates thats season 1. So at your one year your in season 2. Its always like that

You know i think people are thinking too much into the pathway. So far since day 1 of this rumor years ago ive been right about everything. Everyone was supporting this back of the tower of ka thing the whole time i said I think you can fit 2 or 3 towers across the front no problem...look what we got. Now the pathway ive also said since day one i think they will avoid the whole under the launch by just putting the entrance and exit around the back of ka's station! Where the gate currently is that leads out to the employee area/parking lot. And just make it a strait away from there utilizing the old concrete from ka's old queue but just do a strait away all the way to the tower no need for in n outs here. The exit will be annoying theres no avoiding that i admit but thats the way i think its gonna go.

Now there is a new option here to avoid the ka launch that wasnt around before. With the removal of thunder you can take guests thru thunder's old footprint and all the way to the back of the tower...again avoiding the launch and have guests enter and exit that way.

I heavily doubt we will see a pathway underneath the launch it will most likely be one of the two ways i just said.

I'm so excited for this new ride! I'm curious to see how long the line will be when it opens. It's cool to have two record breaking rides using one tower. I'm sad to see thunder go, but I think I've rode it enough. I never really ride it anymore anyway, so I'm not that sad to see it go.

While I'm said to see RT go, it is time. I'm excited about the drop tower and I'm glad they are building it on an existing tower instead of building yet another giant metal tower in the park. I don't understand why they are painting it orange and yellow on a tower that is blue and green. Are all their designers color blind?

I also don't understand why it has an African theme in the Golden Kingdom? I gather the entrance is going to come from the direction of the Safari? Two African themed rides, however, in areas that are not African themed seems stupid. Are they planning on changing Frontier Adventures to an African Village?

I know I'm probably alone on this, but I hope they do not put anything in RT's footprint. It was way too cramped there. They need some space. Replant some of the trees that have been removed and make the atmosphere better for what is already there. Put a new coaster somewhere else.

While I'm said to see RT go, it is time. I'm excited about the drop tower and I'm glad they are building it on an existing tower instead of building yet another giant metal tower in the park. I don't understand why they are painting it orange and yellow on a tower that is blue and green. Are all their designers color blind?

I also don't understand why it has an African theme in the Golden Kingdom? I gather the entrance is going to come from the direction of the Safari? Two African themed rides, however, in areas that are not African themed seems stupid. Are they planning on changing Frontier Adventures to an African Village?

I know I'm probably alone on this, but I hope they do not put anything in RT's footprint. It was way too cramped there. They need some space. Replant some of the trees that have been removed and make the atmosphere better for what is already there. Put a new coaster somewhere else.

I was wondering the same thing about the African theme. It makes no sense. But I think at least a few flats should go where rt was to fill in some space. A new coaster would go where the chiller was.

And you know what that means? LINES. BIG LINES. People from all over will come to Great Adventure to ride it, and obviously it will make everything else more crowded. I just think that every park needs a classic woodie. And now we don't.

That's a good thing, it means the park will stay in business and you can continue to ride everything else but Rolling Thunder. I think this idea is incredible. It's something we've all thought of, but not in a serious manner that the park would ACTUALLY do it. Fantastic idea that will be an incredibly unique, intense ride experience. I love drop towers. Nothing has ever come close to Drop Zone at KD, but this will really give it a run for its money. And what's even better, we now have the TALLEST drop tower in the world in our home park! The views of Ka and how close you will be to trains ripping up the tower will be awesome.

People are so hard to please I'm noticing. No one can agree with the moves the park makes, even if it's what we've been asking for... they added flat rides in all the empty holes people were complaining about, replaced our classic swing ride with a much better alternative, removed GASM which almost all of the GP despised, and are now adding the drop tower that people have cried to have for YEARS now.... and on top of that, it's adding a drop tower to the ultimate extreme. Be happy with what we have! This also indicates Ka will be around for quite a few more seasons now.

I would be really mad if they didn't. Not only are they getting rid of one, so they need to make up for it by getting a new one, but the last new one was in 2011. Back earlier this year, I was hoping this year was the year for a new one, but as time went on it became more unlikely. Next year will be the year for a coaster.

I used to like rolling thunder, now I cant stand it! (Hurts too much) but its still a classic icon of the park. So many icons are disappearing. Conestoga wagon and teepee..all this change can be good tho. It opens many possibilities for new rides and more coasters! Should great adventure sell themselves out in the process tho? Maybe find a way around removing rolling thunder. Put the path someplace else. They are so worried about the launch cable on kingda ka snapping, that they dont want people around it. At cedar point, you're allowed next to top thrill dragster which is basically the same ride! They even have bleachers to watch the launch and a tunnel that goes underneath (like the old kingda ka queue). I think if they kept rolling thunder and refurbished it, it could stay alive

^jonlee I road rolling thunder a little over 2 weeks ago for my last time ever and it was one of its smoothest rides ive gotten i really couldnt have asked for much of a better ride out of her. We marathoned her for gadv online day the last half hour before the park closed and quite truly she didnt dissappoint

Bad idea. A drop tower..Ok Big but? Kill Rolling Thunder in the process. Il venture a guess as to why is going. I wonder if the issurance cost on this thing is high? ANd to try and maintain its cost to do so...Something had to go. And alas it was Thunder.

WEll lets takew and kiss another ride thats faimly based ouuta here. ANd this after the recent informantion on teen theme park visits is down. ANd famlies with children is up. Whos in charge of these things?

Edited by FlumeOp1974

i say wing coaster in replacement of rolling thunder! and a premiercoaster in the former chiller area! 14! and i feel people are complaining so much over rolling thunder. i mean i love that ride and it was an icon but look at thatbig land! great room for a coaster! whoever said they want that land to stay like that has something wrong with them

I don't get why so many people think this is a bad idea. I've always felt the park should be catering more towards the adult /teen thrill seeker crowd because I've always felt that's where the majority of the money is. From a business view, why would they keep a ride with high operating costs, high downtime, low ridership, high liability, and a high number of staff to fully operate? Doesn't make sense. Forget about it being "a classic" or "a family ride." When the big shots pull up the numbers and do their pros and cons, that all goes out the window.