VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom - NOW OPEN!

GAcoaster

Rolling Thunder will always have a long wait because dispatch times are so slow. That is yet another reason for its demise.

It really seems like it has been worse the last few years with dispatches taking 3 to 5 minutes. I remember in the mid 90s waiting for the left side when the line was just past the tunnel and it was around a 20 minute wait. Now I have waited 15 minutes with a line still in the station.

Do you know why dispatch times are slow? Is there a reason?

As said above, it's mostly the crew that doesn't care (although the operators were awesome last weekend). But also it is because the trains are in bad shape. I've seen it where the other train is back before they are finished unlocking all the lap bars. The trains are also very low, so the operators have to squat down much further to check then on the other coasters.

The old skids also slow down loading. Instead of having the second train parked a couple feet behind the first one, like on newer coasters, Rolling Thunder's trains stop far down the brake run. Then, they also need to fully stop the train right outside of the station before letting it unload. This takes time.

From what I understand, it will start in the off-season. ALSO, as far as the lines for Zumanjaro, supposedly they are going to split the Queue line at Kingda Ka towards the beginning of the queue so it will be minimal construction for the new lines.

Like i said ka will reopen before monday...i say some things without giving the full details because i cant always say more. But ka will reopen by monday or before. Unless i say "i think" whatever im saying is coming from inside knowledge ;). I dont say anything on a wim

Edited by JJ2K

Being that the new posts that they are preparing to install to accommodate zumanjaro are green just like ka, I highly doubt it.

^im pretty sure he just meant a fresh paint job of the same color. But i still see it as very doubtful.....possibly but idk i just dont think so.

Any concept shots of the new que, and Baboon area? They have to have something drawn up. I love B&M coasters, but we do need a little variety. My vote is still for a Euro-Fighter style ride in Chillers old spot. Only kind of coaster that could fit. Either a verticle lift, or a launch, or both.

Edited by Railer

I mean you could have a B&M using Chillers station as a new station for a wing, or any style B&M, and have the ride over Movietown and the Old Country. But a euro with a very twisted layout would be the only intense style coaster that would fit in the small area behind the Station.