VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom - NOW OPEN!

GAcoaster

The Golden Kingdom was "revamped" in 2011 to a more general Safari theme with the addition of Safari Discoveries, thus making an African-themed ride fit in the section. While I'm not a fan of it, the facts are the facts.

I wouldn't exactly call it "revamping" when you add something to a themed area that does not fit the theme. If they want to make it Africa, they should stop calling it Asia. Also if they are going to make it a "safari theme", then they should have put the Safari in it, instead of in Frontier Adventures.

You can try to make any excuse you want, the truth is the theming keeps getting worse.

As much as I would hate to see it happen, they need to just call that entire end of the park Africa and get it over with. However, that would require actually retheming, not "revamping" or just adding a few safari themed elements. Get rid of the Asian and Western elements and actually make it Africa. If they do not intend to do this they need to stop haphazardly dropping African themed rides all over the place.

A lot of people DO care. It's not just about rides. This is what Six Flags keeps saying they understand, but keep proving they do not. A park has to have more than rides. It has to have dining, shows, and atmosphere. The lack of these things is why Great Adventure is so far behind other parks in attendance even though it is the largest theme park in the country built near the largest city in the country.

Adults hate the park because it is a loud, obnoxious, tacky, ugly place with very little for them to do. Until Six Flags starts to care, they will never realize the business they should be doing.

I do have to agree with IgetAround that it isn't really lacking too much. Shows, yes, they are lacking, they could use some of those. Dining is fine, they have that, the atmosphere is not bad, it just needs a little work.

For IgetAround, I know that adding a new ride will get more guests, but only guests that want to ride it, lots of people that come here do not go on high thrill rides, so what is in it for them? Not much.

Edited by SFGadv123

Pretty sure Great Adventure has shows, dining, and atmosphere. Is it lacking? I could agree the shows may be lacking, but not much else. Let's remember the main reason people go to amusement parks... for the rides! Adding a new major ride is the best way to boost attendance, along with good advertising. Let's face it, a new drop tower will bring in many more guests than... a new dolphin show.

This is the thinking that drove them to bankruptcy. They have proven time and time again that just putting in new rides does not create business. If it did, Great Adventure would be the busiest park on earth.

The park has hardly any shows, the dining consists of restaurant chains you can go to at the local shopping center and pay less, and the atmosphere sucks. Rides are the main reason people go to AMUSEMENT PARKS. Great Adventure, however, is a theme park. Granted it's not a very good one, but it is a theme park and people expect a theme and a park. Adults do not go to theme parks for the rides. They go for the shows, dining, and atmosphere. Six Flags ignores adults, and this is their main problem. They will never survive relying soley on teenagers.

Great Adventure, however, is a theme park. Granted it's not a very good one, but it is a theme park and people expect a theme and a park. Adults do not go to theme parks for the rides. They go for the shows, dining, and atmosphere. Six Flags ignores adults, and this is their main problem. They will never survive relying soley on teenagers.

You got that right that if it is a theme park, it isn't a good one. It shouldn't even be called a theme park since when you go you will not see very well theme to it. To me though, it is more of an amusement park. It has the rides to be called an amusement park, but the theming is not good. So if it were to be a theme park, it is not a good one.

All I know is the park looks like crap with all the billboards and ad's everywhere. But then again, I really don't care. I go to the park to ride the rides, that's all. My kids want to go to the park to ride the rides, that's all. They could care less about anything else, just like 99% of all kids that go there. And I know that the tallest Drop Tower in the world will get a few trips out of us. If I want to look at flowers, I'll go somewhere to look at flowers, not GA. The thing that turns most of my friends away from the park is the other guests. Ignorant, un-educated people, that if the park did try and make it like a Disney, or a Busch park they would just destroy it anyway. GA is in a "dumb" market. The reason there is so many ads all over is because the guests fall for them and buy the crap they are promoting.

I know I was part of getting off topic, but I agree that if we should talk about Zumanjaro, if we want to talk about something else, make a new topic for it.

I'll get back on track. Anyone have any ideas of where the line will be? I know it is just an animation, but from the looks of the pictures on page 1 it appears that the entrance to the ride may start to the side and it will not need to go under the launch track, but again, it is just an animation and does not claim the real thing.

I meant to say that the topic is (based on announcement) zumanjaro, rolling thunder, baboons, and cabanas.

Still think zumanjaro is neat, people will talk about it, but dumping rt without another transitional ride added is a bad idea.

Baboons and cabanas, what else can I say...

The topic is actually Zumanjaro- World Record Breaking Drop Ride.

NOT Zumanjaro, rolling thunder, baboon habitat, and hurricane harbor cabanas. So yea.. Carry on.

With the exception of RobertDavid and GAFanatic, I would love to know how many of you even experienced Great Adventure prior to 1996? If all you know is GA as the park that it now is, there is no way that you can even grasp most of the concerns we have been expressing here with regard to this new ride. We're discussing this new ride, it's impact on the park overall (theming, attendance, history, and revenue) and whether adding something new also is justification (by itself), for removing well established park icons that continues to destroy the overall appeal of this park to the demographic most important to its long-term survival.

The topic is Zumanjaro, an African themed ride being built in a park with no African themed section. That is why people are talking about theming. Just because you do not like what they are saying does not mean it is off topic.

i didnt start the topic of sfga not having good atmosphere, etc.

thank you. nothing is good enough for people.

We realize you do not care, but a lot of people do. Not caring is what is wrong with the park.

If it doesn't matter, why theme it at all? Why take the time, energy, and money to give it a theme that does not fit? Just call it "Drop Tower", and call all the roller coasters "coaster 1, coaster 2, etc." The point is it does matter.

The company and the park have serious problems. Just playing ignorant and being glad for whatever they do is not going to solve them. Those of us who do care want the park to be as great as it could, and should, be. No, it is not "good enough".

They're talking about building a hotel and entertainment complex next to the park. Making it a "destination" as people like to call it. Whatever you call it, people are not going to come to Jackson, NJ and stay at a generic hotel to go to a generic amusement park that only caters to teenagers. Teenagers cannot afford hotels. If they want to do better, they have to offer better.

Yes, I remember when the park first opened, how magical and beautiful it was. Everyone loved it; children, teenagers, and adults. That is what it takes to have a successful park. It's depressing and frustrating to see what Six Flags has done to it. It is also frustrating to see the park fall into the same hole over and over, never learning from their mistakes.Thrill rides alone will not sustain them. Making thrill rides fit into the theme also makes them more fun for the people that ride them as well as interesting to the people who do not. Believe me, if you knew better you would care.

If it doesn't matter, why theme it at all? Why take the time, energy, and money to give it a theme that does not fit? Just call it "Drop Tower", and call all the roller coasters "coaster 1, coaster 2, etc." The point is it does matter.

"Drop Tower looks too intense for me!"

"I want to go on something more thrilling than Roller Coaster 1"

Sorry for going off topic, but I just had to make this joke.

"Drop Tower looks too intense for me!"

"I want to go on something more thrilling than Roller Coaster 1"

Sorry for going off topic, but I just had to make this joke.

HAHAHAHAHAHA, oh man I found that funnier than it should have been.