VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Zumanjaro: Drop of Doom - NOW OPEN!

GAcoaster

I guess I got used to TTD's launch noise more easily then. Since it was my first time there I remember thinking it was cool seeing the trains rush by up close since Ka launches away from all the park paths.

^ I could see something like that happening. Hopefully they will account for it when making the queue though.

Hope all those welds hold up. I am sure this has all been well planned and engineered but am I the only one who feels a little , let's say "sketchy" , about all this extra pieces just being welded to the existing tower. It's one thing if this was all made originally as one piece/ ride But to me this is just a giant after thought that someone decided to slap on to an already existing structure , for let's face it, convenience. " hey let's add a giant drop tower to the park" "yeah we can just slap it on to ka with some weld and added supports". I don't know. To me it lacks originality. The drop tower going in at bush gardens tamp is way more impressive in my opp.

Welding is fusing two pieces into one piece, it is the strongest way to attach parts, much better than fasteners or glue. Welding also isn't the same as soldering/brazing since those are not fusion processes like welding is. On steel that thick they have to run multiple weld beads in every single joint.

I know how to use MIG welding on mild steel BTW. But on something as big as KK they probably are using ARC (stick) welding. Any kind of electric welding (ARC, MIG, and TIG) produces intense UV rays that can burn your eyes and skin, molten metal emits infrared rays that can burn your eyes, sparks and molten metal splatter can burn your skin, it's not for wimps. But never watch someone weld without wearing a welding helmet to protect your eyes and avoid being "flashed".

Edited by The Master

Guest Moonracker7

Not a lot of photos have surfaced on the ride, but I sure they are almost as far behind as they were on KK by now...but I could be lying because the park is closed and no one can see the work one on like FF at BGT and/or SDMT at WDW-MK.

Not a lot of photos have surfaced on the ride, but I sure they are almost as far behind as they were on KK by now...but I could be lying because the park is closed and no one can see the work one on like FF at BGT and/or SDMT at WDW-MK.

FF at BGT and/or SDMT at WDW-MK

Please do not use acronyms- spell things out. It is hard to decode your posts!

Welding is fusing two pieces into one piece, it is the strongest way to attach parts, much better than fasteners or glue. Welding also isn't the same as soldering/brazing since those are not fusion processes like welding is. On steel that thick they have to run multiple weld beads in every single joint.[/size]

I know how to use MIG welding on mild steel BTW. But on something as big as KK they probably are using ARC (stick) welding. Any kind of [/size]electric welding (ARC, MIG, and TIG) produces intense UV rays that can burn your eyes and skin, molten metal [/size]emits infrared rays that can burn your eyes, sparks and molten metal splatter can burn your skin, it's not for wimps. But never watch someone weld without wearing a welding helmet to protect your eyes and avoid being "flashed". [/size]

Oh I know, it was more of a kidding around when I was saying it. My buddies and do a lot of custom metal fab on car stuff so I know all about the welding. I have seen really good welds a welds that have literally blow apart. I'm sure the guys welding know what they are doing. Hell , they are making more then enough money to weld lol

They better hurry up with those footers, another arctic vortex is swinging down this way and will refreeze the ground hard. It will probaby be below freezing again for another week at least.

And not to mention the possible snow storms this next coming weeks making it even harder.

Looking at that now that wouldn't have been a terrible idea. I think set up this way would been a good starting point to expand the park back in that area. But from a general publics view the tower looks more appealing the way it is now

At the time Golden Kingdom was first made, wasn't it meant to be secluded, with the theming it had of being in the jungle.

I actually look forward to seeing what they do with the queue for Zumanjaro. I hope they use the trees that are still in the area to make a queue that feels more like a lush, shaded path than a queue line. The walk back is long enough that they could have a long straight line through the trees as the queue.

At the time Golden Kingdom was first made, wasn't it meant to be secluded, with the theming it had of being in the jungle.

I actually look forward to seeing what they do with the queue for Zumanjaro. I hope they use the trees that are still in the area to make a queue that feels more like a lush, shaded path than a queue line. The walk back is long enough that they could have a long straight line through the trees as the queue.

I think I rather have queue switch back and forth a few times rather then have it one long stright line. Waiting in a physically stright line for over an hour id go nuts, but thats just me. . Im sure the ending of el toro it goign to seem a little out of place also being there is nothign around it

Edited by Mrpq