VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Six Flags Great Adventure getting sued.

sixflagsdude101

http://www.thedailyjournal.com/article/20130907/NEWS01/309060034/One-armed-man-sues-over-roller-coaster-ban?nclick_check=1

this is the link to the article about a man with one arm sewing six flags great adventure because "Chris Latorre of Clayton contends he felt “shame and embarrassment” after being ordered to leave his seat on the Nitro ride during an October 2012 visit to the Jackson attraction." well okay you are sewing the park because they didnt want you to die on the ride because you didnt have the right safety requirments. He is also sewing because they didnt give him his ticket refund. and i thought all adults were mature.

I'd have to agree, he needs to get over it. I think this is all probably stemming from his insecurities about being "booed and cheered" off the ride. While that does suck to have everyone see you removed from the ride due to a disability he may have, he should have done his proper research prior to attempting to ride. If he fears public humiliation, perhaps he should have asked an employee or looked online about the policies before his attempts.

He says he wants to "live a normal life" yet he is searching for special treatment because of his disability. Bringing on a lawsuit now is only gaining him more attention, and it will all probably be negative. People sue over anything these days and I'm sure he is simply looking for some easy money. It's a bit ridiculous.

And Six Flags dude; most adults are just as immature as teens, it just comes out in different ways :Yummy:

A disabled person needs to read up on any information regarding their disability. They need to see what accommodations if any the park has. Prosthetic limbs are not allowed on nitro. He says he went on all the coasters before but the employees might have over looked it. If the prosthetic limb came off, it could hurt somebody. Then you would have another lawsuit. So if this guy wins, can large people sue for not being able to ride nitro or el toro?

Park's all have huge challenges with people with disabilities. You either don't let people ride because of a disability and they sue, or you let them ride and they get injured or killed an get sued for letting them ride. It's really a catch-22 with no good answer and will be even more of a challenge with more and more veterans coming to the parks with missing limbs and prosthetics. It's going to come down to having people sign waivers to ride at some point and even that will be challenged by lawyers out for money.

I keep thinking of the story of the man who was ejected by Ride off Steel at Darien Lake a couple of years ago, and he was an amputee and insisted on riding despite the warnings. I believe because he chose to ride his family did not sue, but at the same time it damaged the park and ride's reputation and I can't help but feel awful for the park staff and ride ops who probably feel incredible guilt over the accident.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...