VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Gr.Adv. Debate #15: If not G.A., which Six Flags park?

21 members have voted

1. 1. Hypothetically, if we didn't have Great Adventure, which Six Flags park would you want in Jackson, NJ?

• Six Flags Discovery Kingdom
    • Six Flags Magic Mountain
    • Six Flags Over Georgia
    • Six Flags Great America
    • Six Flags America
    • Six Flags New England
    • Six Flags St Louis
    • Six Flags Great Escape & Lodge
    • Six Flags Fiesta Texas
    • Six Flags Over Texas
    • Six Flags Mexico
    • La Ronde

I was originally going to vote for Magic Mountain since they appear to have the best coaster collection but I have heard operations are bad there and they have a lack of non coaster rides so I voted for Six Flags Over Georgia. It looks like they have a well rounded collection of non coaster rides in addition to some great looking coasters specifically Goliath and Mindbender (After B&M, Schwarzkopf is my favorite coaster manufacturer).

I voted for Six Flags Great America. While the park has lost a lot of its charm since 1976, it still was a well rounded and fun park. (At least it was in 2007 when I last visited).

I always liked Six Flags Over Mid America (I prefer that name to Six Flags St Louis). I haven't been there since 1999, but always thought of that park as Great Adventure's little brother for some reason.

I also voted for Six Flags Great America because it has a generally wide variety of coasters- Viper and American Eagle for classic styled woodies, one of the only Schwarzkopf spiral lift coasters left in Whizzer, V2 and Batman as inverted coasters, a hyper coaster in Raging Bull, a flyer in Superman, a sit-down looper in Demon, X-Flight as a wing coaster, and Dark Knight and Little Dipper as family coasters. As a bonus, their new for 2014 RMC woodie, Goliath, looks awesome!

In addition, they also have a lot of the flat rides that we have lost over the years (ex. Condor, Calypso, Troika, our old Pendulum ride) and it overall looks like one of the better parks in the chain.

Edited by RC98

I voted for SFOG... The main reason being I like the fact that a lot of the forest atmosphere remains in this park and I also think it has probably the best group of employees in the park in that they make you feel very welcome.

I agree with Dave, six flags over georgia is one of the most floral parks in the six flags chain. I also like it for being one of the original six flags parks.

Edited by Coasterharrison'98

I voted SFMM. I have always wanted to go there, and what better way than if it was my home park. It appears to have some of the greatest roller coasters, and I just think it seems like a great place overall.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

You limited us to 6 Flags choices, so I punched the Magic Mountain Button... However, I stopped going to 6FMM after my first three or four years in SoCal (@1991) and switched to Disney for family entertainment. The reason was the constant incidents of confrontation with gangbanger-wannabes who looked for reasons to play intimidation games with other guests.

My real first two choices would be KING's ISLAND and CEDAR POINT the two major theme parks in OHIO. We have visited them several times over the past 20 years and feel they represent the "Best" of what the traditional theme parks are trying to bring to the public. I would rank them above Great Adventure based on the "quality" of the typical daily guest crowd. They are Pleasant places to visit and are also packed with first class coasters and thrill rides.

al

Currently living near Kentucky Kingdom &

Holiday World in Southern Indiana

I've been to SFNE, SFWoA between its Geauga Lake days, SFKK, and SFGAm.

SFGAm was the best of the bunch, and probably my favorite SF park including our park. The coaster collection was big and well-rounded, theming was some of the best I've seen at an SF park, it is very well-shaded and the park layout is very easy to navigate. I'm sure the additions of X-Flight and Goliath have made it even better.

SFNE was pretty small but was charming and had S:RoS (before SF butchered it), which is still my #1 steel 10 years later.

SFWoA was underrated and had a decent coaster collection. SFKK was the worst of the bunch.