VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Gr.Adv. Debate #16: Stunt Arena or Great Lake Grandstand

Gr.Adv.Debate #16: Outdoor stadiums  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Between the two options below, which venue would you most like to see a show added to in the future?

• Stunt Arena (aka Batman Stunt Arena)
    • Great Lake Grandstand

Stunt Arena. I remember going to see a show there when I was little and it was really cool. I think they need to put anther show in that area. Although honestly, either place is fine, cause they just need shows.

I feel that with the old Chiller site, the old Freefall site, and the Old Country area that there is enough space to add rides without removing the Stunt Arena. If they added rides in those empty areas and put a popular new stunt show in the arena it would still add new life to Movietown.

• 2 weeks later...

Quite honestly, the stunt arena needs to be removed and made way for new attractions in a re-imagined movietown/old country. The best thing for GLGS is to not use it for any day time shows, but make it a firework exclusive venue. the ski and daytime shows are pretty much a waste of money when it comes to the bottom line of the park, but fireworks always draw a crowd and it would be easy to do crowd control if people watching the show are all in one venue, or in the sorrounding area, unlike Disney parks were the entire park gets congested with people watching from everywhere. Plus, you could use the sound systems and other special effects to make it a truly special experience

I like your idea for the Grandstand, but I don't get why so many want the Stunt Arena removed? With a few cosmetic changes, it would fit into any new theme they give the area and there are plenty of other spaces to put rides- the Chiller site, the Freefall site, all of Old Country, and even the old Koala Canyon area if they want to expand Movietown's borders. All these empty spaces should be filled before they remove anything else.

However, I really like your idea for a fireworks show and I would love to see something like you described put in the park.