VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Great Adventure Map for 2008 Available

29yrswithaGApass

I remember one year the park had a SEGA preveiw tent set up near RT showing off the new SEGA games for that year like Sonic CD. Problem was people would hog the games for hours so it did not work out too well.

Does anyone else here think the the Eruption ride could be replaced without any major problems for another flat. I understand it's an upcharge attraction but I can count on one hand the number of times I have actually seen people riding it, and with the basketball upcharge right next door it seems tat they make way more money on that than anything else.

Does anyone else here think the the Eruption ride could be replaced without any major problems for another flat. I understand it's an upcharge attraction but I can count on one hand the number of times I have actually seen people riding it, and with the basketball upcharge right next door it seems tat they make way more money on that than anything else.

While I would love to see another flat ride, I wish they would have left the area in front of the simulator theater empty or at the very least themed to the film being presented inside. Things become such eyesores when they are plopped into place just for convenience. GA did this with Eruption as well as dropping the Pendulum behind the Autobahn. Disney MGM Studios (or now Disney Hollywood Studios) is the worst offender with absolutely killing the whole theme of Hollywood Boulevard and the Chinese Theater by placing the Sorcerer's Hat in front of it.

m_sorhat2tn.jpg

^ Very true as that hat really does not seem to fit it in at the park, although it's been there so long now I really didn't notice last visit.

In terms of our simulation theatre I think the front was absolutely the perfect plce to easily retheme the theatre whenever the film was change. While Spongebob may have been slightly tougher to place something representative (although a Giant Pinneapple house would have been cool and also coudl have been used as a kid's attraction at the same time such as the area in the Golden Kingdom), items like Dino Island, and The Right Stuff made very good use of the space. Our new movie going in could have also been themed very well, and Elvira during Fright Fest could have alos had some major decorating done outside especially with Zambora next door.

Before Eruption they used to put a small castle arch thing in front for Elvira during FF. Back in The Right Stuff days the fighter jet used to have a skeleton in the cockpit for FF. I agree about the Sorcerer's Hat at DHS, but at least they took down that wand over Spaceship Earth at EPCOT.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't actually read the new Park Maps, but I know on the Sidekick it says "Jetsons" for where Fly Me To The Moon is. What does it say on the map?

-Dainan "Didn't they do something similar with Spongebob in 04?" Rafferty