VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Great Adventure Map for 2008 Available

29yrswithaGApass

Haha I should have waited for you on that instead of searching around the website for a while lol. Definately some dissapointments but I suppose it could be worse. As I stated before you can still see the Flying Wave by the Big Wheel so the map may have been completed before the decision to save the fantasy fling instead or it could be an interesting sign. Not quite sure I like Johnny Rockets being placed by El Toro as it seems to me it will throw the theming of the area off which I particularly feel they spent a good amount of time on. Other than that I am pretty ok with it but I still hope we get something in the Great Lake Grandstand :)

Are you guys sure? When looking at the map it looks like there is a house-like structure next to Dare Devil Dive. I could be wrong but it seems like that would be around where Houdini would be between Main Street and the Boardwalk.

You may be right. The map looked the same in 2007 for that area.

img019.jpg

I'm not too surprised by Johnny Rockets taking over La Cocina. It makes a lot of sense to have the locations spread out as much as possible, and La Cocina was really good, but not very efficient. I honestly see there shouldn't be too much theme change to the building. Like when Papa Johns took over Wildside Pizza, the theme was generally kept in tact, just with new signage.

gallery_1_9_583431.jpg

With the closure of The Old Country Section the layout of that end of the park looks more like it did in 1975 when the fun forest area was added. Seems a shame that they are doing this for this year but maybe Six Flags new stratigic plans for upgrading areas in the park is to make it a two season upgrade. In the recent past sweeping upgrades to areas of the park was the norm. While this is great it is a big expense that may not provide the long term benefits. Six Flags new plans may be to split the expense, Market (very important) the new changes and upgrades and hopefully see an increase revenue. Why promote a new coaster without promoting the new area around it? So you promote the new coaster for 2008 and the New "X-area" for 2009. Just a thought.

Anyway I hope to see good things in this area.

That certainly seems logical. Gone for sure are the days of adding the equivalent of a whole theme park to a theme park like they did in 1999 with the War on Lines at GA, the makeover from Six Flags Ohio to Six Flags World of Adventures, and various other multifaceted additions to other Six Flags parks.

Let's hope Six Flag's coaster building craze is over as well. Building all those coasters in the chain almost ruined SF. GAdv and MM were getting new big coasters every two years.

Edited by The Master

The pamphlet maps are pretty nice. I'm glad the park started printing poster size maps again however I think they are drawn so whimsically that they are far from ideal for assisting a guest easily find their way around the park. The pamphlet maps are much more accurate but not a lot of fun. I wish the park would use a graphics company like Image Graphics from the 70s and 80s or even Citigraph from the 1990s again. Those maps were the perfect mix of accuracy and entertainment.

Sweet. Although I own a Wii and don't get as into it as some poeple in the park seem to, I think it's a nice little area that gets overlooked. Never thought I would see a day where Nintendo and our park were doing promotions together but interesting none the less.

Don't ever remember SEGA there at all so I must have missed that (or my parents steered us away from it so we didn't want to play video games all day). They should really just set up an entire arcade for the Wii and make the park some revenue off of it. I am sure many people would be in there playing large multiplayer games and such.