VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

4/20/14 Photo Trip Report

Yoshi

I got to the park at 3:45 today so I had more time than last week. From the lot I saw Superman had around a 30 minute wait.

Like last week Nitro was first with the line just before the 30 minute sign and was around 10 minutes. I walked around for another ride this time having a station wait and walked around again for a 3rd ride. It was nice to see a security guard in the line even though the wait was short today.

Batman's line was almost to the 30 minute sign at the end of the tunnel. It took around 20 minutes which was longer than normal for a line to that spot.

Skull Mountain was a 2 train wait and I walked around for a 2nd ride.

Both sides of the Skyway were running with only a few people in line on each side. The Jason Derulo concert must have just let out since Frontier Adventures was very crowded. Runaway Mine Train had broken down and I went to Best of the West and walked out when I saw there was a very long line and instead went to Nathan's in the Boardwalk.

At Green Lantern, the greeter was stopping people from climbing through the switchbacks at the start of the queue which was nice to see. There was a 2 train wait for most rows except for the front. The single rider line was open and I used the regular line since I wanted the last row. There was a family of 4 in the single rider line and wanted to ride together so the ride op told them to go back down the stairs to the regular line and they could get right into the station. They didn't want to do that and started to climb through the railing into the main part of the station. The ride op told them they couldn't do that since it was line cutting and had to tell them 3 times not to. As soon as the ride op turned away, they quickly went through the railing. He noticed and notified I think the supervisor at the ride that they had cut the line. Unfortunately, they didn't get in trouble. Security did show up a few minutes after they left the ride and I don't know if it was because security was called or they just happened to be there to check on things as you see security in the station of the rides once in a while. I walked around for a 2nd ride again going for the last row.

Superman still had around a 25 minute wait so I skipped it again and went back to Frontier Adventures riding Runaway Mine Train with no wait and getting a re-ride. From Runaway Mine Train I saw Bizarro had around a 20 minute line and didn't feel like waiting so I skipped it today, took the Skyway back to the Dream Street station with no wait and rode Skull Mountain with no wait.

Blackbeard's also had no wait, same with Batman. Nitro had a line on the stairs and I finished the trip with another ride at Nitro this time with a station wait.

The concert didn't seem to bring large crowds to the park although it was slightly more crowded than the last time I went to the park on Easter.

Ride Count:

Nitro, 5x

Batman, 2x

Skull Mountain, 3x

Skyway, 2x

Runaway Mine Train, 2x

Blackbeard's, 1x

Green Lantern, 2x

The Dark Knight, 1x

IMG_4378_zpsec612973.jpg

IMG_4379_zpsff320822.jpg

IMG_4387_zpsba913eba.jpg

IMG_4386_zps24e7ea90.jpg

I saw someone win a monkey later in the day. 4 people were carrying it to their car.

IMG_4385_zpsdd89da0c.jpg

IMG_4384_zpsbf520826.jpg

Both sides of the Skyway were open the entire time I was at the park even when there was no line

IMG_4383_zps7571a12b.jpg

IMG_4382_zps9061b5b2.jpg

IMG_4380_zpsf5b275a5.jpg

Thanks for the photos and trip report! The park doesn't look very crowded - I would have expected more people given the nice weather.

I didn't realize that season pass holders have early entrance into concerts but the signs says we do. (Not that I've been to many concerts lately at the park.)

I took the family also on Sunday. Arrived at the park at 10:20.

Went to El Toro 1st with about a 10 minute wait with 1 train running.

Since my wife went we decided to do the Safari for the 1st time. about a 5 minutes wait to get on a truck. The entire trip with getting off 1/2 way through took alittle over an hour. Still miss driving through in the morning before the park opened up.

By the time we got off, Runaway mine train had a line down the steps.

Got something to eat then went to Skull Mounatin (station wait) and then Nitro (20 minute wait).

It seemed more crowded than we expected and we just was not "feeling it". So we left around 2pm and went to the Outlets (another waste of time).

I don't know what it is but so far Great Adventure is not doing anything for us this year. Usually we run around and ride a ton of coasters but so far after 2 trips we only rode a few times.

^ That's what has happened to me with Dorney, even when the park opens for the beginning on the season I am not interested in going as often or staying as long as I used to. Other than Talon and Steel Force, I rarely ride anything else more than once per trip and don't go to the park much in the spring or fall anymore when the waterpark is closed.

Thanks for the photos and trip report! The park doesn't look very crowded - I would have expected more people given the nice weather.

I didn't realize that season pass holders have early entrance into concerts but the signs says we do. (Not that I've been to many concerts lately at the park.)

I thought it was going to be more crowded too with the concert scheduled. I didn't know season passholders got into concerts early either.