VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Customer service regarding medical issues

hollyferry

This is covering a lot :-)

I'm a T1 diabetic on an insulin pump. First time we came this year, I was pulled from the security check line and told by the supervisor that I didn't need to go through the medical detector with my pump. I assured them it was ok, but was told they didn't want to risk anything happening.

Normally we come as a family, and since our youngest is 22 months, my diabetes supplies are in the diaper bag with whichever one of us stays with the baby.

Today just my husband and I are here for the concert. I wasn't sure what I was going to do as I don't want to leave my glucose tablets and meter in a locker while in an hour ride queue.

They gave me a "medical approval" sticker on my bag which allows me to carry my bag through the queue and leave it on the ride platform next to the cup holders. The ride attendants were all great with it.

Just one thing less I have to worry about while at the park-I'm very pleased :-)

I'm glad my worries were unfounded.

Having worked in Guest Relations, I can tell you we were always glad to help someone with a legitimate medical need. We got so many people trying to scam us so they didn't have to wait in lines, it always felt good to actually help someone who needed it.