VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

SF website- Zumanjaro, closed for Maintenance

DANofNJ

I was there yesterday, VERY disappointed that Zumanjaro was closed, as I got there at park opening to ride it for the 1st time without waiting forever! I think Six Flags needs to do a better job of updating ride statuses. There should be a page that just has all ride operating statuses on the website. One line of text on each individual ride page is very easy to miss!

Lucky for me, I live close, have a pass, and can go whenever, but I could see how something like this would really upset people travelling from far and away lands to get a ride on a new attraction like that.

I was talking to a ride attendant at another ride, and he said he wasn't 100% sure, but thinks they were working on something with the restraint system. Has anyone had any problems/discomfort/issues with the restraints in their ride experience on Zu?

I was there yesterday, VERY disappointed that Zumanjaro was closed, as I got there at park opening to ride it for the 1st time without waiting forever! I think Six Flags needs to do a better job of updating ride statuses. There should be a page that just has all ride operating statuses on the website. One line of text on each individual ride page is very easy to miss!

Lucky for me, I live close, have a pass, and can go whenever, but I could see how something like this would really upset people travelling from far and away lands to get a ride on a new attraction like that.

I was talking to a ride attendant at another ride, and he said he wasn't 100% sure, but thinks they were working on something with the restraint system. Has anyone had any problems/discomfort/issues with the restraints in their ride experience on Zu?

Nothing to complain about the restraints for me.

Could just be routine maintenance, it doesn't seem like something major happened but you never know. A lot of times after a new ride has been opened for a little over a month they may just want to do a complete check up on it and comb through everything looking for signs of unusual wear, unusual marks or trends developing in the mechanics, etc. Best to do this ahead of time before any underlying issues developing make themselves known in other ways....

I am currently at the park and i can report Zumanjaro is in fact open. Haven't riden yet to see if they changed anything though.

Update: just rode in car 2. Did not find any difference done to the restraints to maybe it was just general maintenance.

Edited by joeyc98