Ok lets just recap what our park could be getting and how likely it could be

-

S&S Free Spin (140 feet, 10 elements, more capacity) likely

-

Motorcycle coaster, possible

-

Wing Coaster, possible

-

Dueling Premier launched coaster, likely.

-

What do you guys think?

I'm putting my bets on the Dueling Coaster, mostly because that's what I want. Also, I fixed your post.

From all i have seen, heard, and been able to piece together from the "snippets" of info i've recieved from upper mngmnt, 2016 is all about bringing the "dead" Lakefront back. Fitzgerald does not want any "dead" area's of the park anywhere, just like how he didn't want any empty flat-ride pad's and addressed it with "Adventure Alley". Once the "Lakefront" is "back" with a new ride to draw Guest's in, and new shop's and food option's to get them to spend $$$. Then the focus will go to "Movietown" and what was the "Old Country". I think we will get the "dueler", but just not for 2016.

When I go to GADV Friday, il ask some people about what could happen. Im also heading to SFA this month so i will also try to see what they are adding. And I know from multiple sources what park is TRYING to get the dueler and that park said they will change the layout a bit if they indeed can get the dueler and its not our park. I kind of want the S&S Free Spin at this point but in 2017 or 2018 I wouldnt mind a dueling coaster.

Edited by jdc12192
edited years and deleted double post.

When I go to GADV Friday, il ask some people about what could happen.

I really need to warn you about this. ALWAYS take what employees say with a grain of salt. They genuinely don't know what's happening, and most of the rumors are spread through them. No one who actually knows the plans is going to tell you. Whatever they tell you does not "CONFIRM!" anything.

Edited by Matt Kaiser

^ anyone "seasonal" don't know anything. I listened to the idiot's that said the Kiddie Train was coming back, and that was the only thing i was wrong about this season.The only other thing i ever "confirmed" was that all the Lakefront Structures were coming out, and i guess this time next week when we most likely see a fance across the back of the park that "confirmed" will come back on the Topic i started way back in early May.

When I go to GADV Friday, il ask some people about what could happen. Im also heading to SFA this month so i will also try to see what they are adding. And I know from multiple sources what park is TRYING to get the dueler and that park said they will change the layout a bit if they indeed can get the dueler and its not our park. I kind of want the S&S Free Spin at this point but in 2017 I wouldnt mind a dueling coaster.

I really need to warn you about this. ALWAYS take what employees say with a grain of salt. They genuinely don't know what's happening, and most of the rumors are spread through them. No one who actually knows the plans is going to tell you. Whatever they tell you does not "CONFIRM!" anything.

^What matt said. The only info employees know is as much as the general public knows-which is nothing, unless they follow rumors and such, then they know as much as you/fans who follow them. Very select few know whats going on, and the ones that do aren't allowed to tell, and don't just go telling anyone. Most employees don't know whats coming until the announcement is made.

From all i have seen, heard, and been able to piece together from the "snippets" of info i've recieved from upper mngmnt, 2016 is all about bringing the "dead" Lakefront back. Fitzgerald does not want any "dead" area's of the park anywhere, just like how he didn't want any empty flat-ride pad's and addressed it with "Adventure Alley". Once the "Lakefront" is "back" with a new ride to draw Guest's in, and new shop's and food option's to get them to spend $$$. Then the focus will go to "Movietown" and what was the "Old Country". I think we will get the "dueler", but just not for 2016.

It has been no secret that Fitzgereald wants to fill empty spots, its been stated for years and he has been doing just that. Also 'upper management' shouldn't be giving any information out,especially to just a normal guest, so I question who, and what you were told.

This year is getting a little out of hand with speculation IMO. Its turned to just typical fun- 'oh maybe this is coming, possibly this', to "this IS coming,"..then one little thing happens then it turns to... "This IS happening"..then "No...THIS is happening" and its just getting a little carried away.

• Like 1

And I know from multiple sources what park is TRYING to get the dueler and that park said they will change the layout a bit if they indeed can get the dueler and its not our park. I kind of want the S&S Free Spin at this point but in 2017 I wouldnt mind a dueling coaster.

You know what a 20 year old employee told you/what an 11 year old emailed you.

jdc12192

I completely agree with you, everybody is acting as if they know exactly what every park is getting, and it's getting annoying.

You know what a 20 year old employee told you/what an 11 year old emailed you.

jdc12192

I completely agree with you, everybody is acting as if they know exactly what every park is getting, and it's getting annoying.

I think its more of people trying to be the 'hero' of the coaster world and come in with the 'breaking news' or 'latest info' and starts pushing what they KNOW-aka think- is coming.

At the rate things have been going I would suspect a light going out or a lightbulb change to turn into "*said ride* is coming next year because this light changed in this area!" Its fine to speculate but theres a certain why to go about and discuss it.

• Like 1

Well I will tell everyone what Fitzgerald said to me....

1.The train was supposed to happen last year but with zumanjaro running so over budget that there was no more wiggle room.

2.about next years addition"you will flip head over heels" he also made it sound like a puke machine.....whatever those things mean

3. He also mentioned he is looking or shopping around for ideas for 2017 and 2018 with a possible family flat package as a good possibility

4. Pathway between plaza and golden will prob never happen unless there is a way to make money between the 2.....

^ That mean's the S&S in the Lakefront this year, no surprise there. And that goes in line with what i've heard about the "no dead area's", every path has to generate $$$ somehow, or they don't want to spend $$$ maintaining it. I am really looking forward to seeing the diff, more fitting theme for a "Free-Spin" that was described in the Survey. It sound's way more better than just "Batman", and would be a perfect fit in the "Fantasy Forest".

That sucks about the Plaza, Golden Kingdom path. Its a pain in the a$$ going from Toro/Diablo to Ka/ Zumanjaro. Its like a 7 minute walk and it gets really annoying.

It forces you to go through the games area. From a business standpoint, its brilliant and I doubt it will change anytime soon. The only way I see them opening it back up is if they put a new ride in the old Balin's Jungleland.

If I had my way, they'd build a Rainforest Cafe there to give the park a sorely needed table service restaurant.

I'm REALLY starting to hate all these coaster instagrams. According to them, John Fitzgerald said "this years attraction will flip you head over heals" with no source of where he said that, and they also stated that him saying this confirms the SS Freespin. And according to ScreamSource's "Blueprints" that were "Leaked" it'll take 80 seconds for the load/unload time...Capacity issues.

Tell me about it..

Also, it looks like the source was....

http://www.greatadventurehistory.com/Forums/index.php?showtopic=4231&p=64337 (Look like 6 posts up)