VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2016 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

I know that they even advertised BOTH layouts in their IAAPA trade show booth. I think they had brochures with both layouts on it too. I believe TPR posted pictures of them, but I couldn't find them last time I searched. They are an older revision of the layout though, where the lift hill actually isn't vertical. I don't know if I've seen an updated version of the 10-inversion layout, but that is definitely not it. The 10-inversion layout has another "lap" towards the lift hill

^ no one has seen the bigger one yet, it is a diff layout and not listed on their website anywhere. It even says "standard layout" on the spec sheet. I like how "Batman" in time can even be changed if they want by adding, or moving the "spin-fin's".

Here is (hopefully) what we are getting with the "10 element S&S Free-Spin". Found this on TPR's interview video from IAAPA. Just have to picture it with the verticle lift. With a good theme like they described in the survey, this will be a pretty good fit in "Fantasy Forest".

gallery_208_401_19716.png

Edited by Railer

Maybe it's just me but i'm not so enthusiastic about an S&S Free-Spin coaster. We haven't received a new coaster in 5 years, and our last extremely exciting addition was nearly ten years ago. Being one of the larger parks in the chain, Great Adventure should have coasters that can handle our parks capacity, and even a 10 Inversion model gives me doubts. I'm hoping for a larger, more thrilling addition in 2016, not something that feels like a "discount" attraction.

^ no one has seen the bigger one yet, it is a diff layout and not listed on their website anywhere. It even says "standard layout" on the spec sheet. I like how "Batman" in time can even be changed if they want by adding, or moving the "spin-fin's".

You were saying? :P

Maybe it's just me but i'm not so enthusiastic about an S&S Free-Spin coaster. We haven't received a new coaster in 5 years, and our last extremely exciting addition was nearly ten years ago. Being one of the larger parks in the chain, Great Adventure should have coasters that can handle our parks capacity, and even a 10 Inversion model gives me doubts. I'm hoping for a larger, more thrilling addition in 2016, not something that feels like a "discount" attraction.

I've heard rumors that S&S is also working on a dual loading station for the Free-Spin and it was rumored to go to Great Adventure. That would hopefully help with capacity as long as it doesn't have mechanical issues like Ka.

Agreed, but essentially all SF does these days is "discount" attractions. RMC retrofits, glorified carnival rides, and small-scale prototypes. There are a few exceptions, of course, but the emphasis is on few.

You were saying? :P

I've heard rumors that S&S is also working on a dual loading station for the Free-Spin and it was rumored to go to Great Adventure. That would hopefully help with capacity as long as it doesn't have mechanical issues like Ka.

I think what they did with making the lift verticle, was it "streched out" the station allowing a few more Cars on the circut. Either way though the capacity still won't be as bad as the last 2 year's with "Zumanjaro" and "El Diablo".

Completely agree. The Free-Spin is honestly trash in my opinion, and I would barely consider it a roller coaster, it's more of a "Flip" coaster. Six Flags needs to cut out these gimmicks and give us a real coaster with regular seats, and a regular drop. I'd be perfectly happy if we got a regular wood with an 80ft drop. (Also, this is not coming from an old man, I'm a teen, and I prefer real coasters)

The Free-Spin is honestly trash in my opinion, and I would barely consider it a roller coaster, it's more of a "Flip" coaster.

You haven't even ridden it. It could be awesome for all you know.

I thought Tempesto looked terrible at BGW and it turned out to be awesome and a lot of fun once I rode it.

Keep an open mind.

• Like 1

^ Ka and Toro were built at a different time with a completely different management philosophy running the park. That strategy is not continued today (which could be interpreted as good and bad).

I'm on the side that believes that quality attractions and experiences keep people coming back to the park. People won't come back to the park again to ride El Diablo, but they will absolutely come again to ride El Toro if you catch my drift.

^ Ka and Toro were built at a different time with a completely different management philosophy running the park. That strategy is not continued today (which could be interpreted as good and bad).

Ka and Toro were both Premier additions. Management changed hands in the middle of Toro's construction. RedZone would've axed the coaster but it had already started construction.

The chain is still recovering from the bankruptcy even though it's been years. It's hard to convince creditors to give you money for huge additions when a chapter 11 is still fresh in their minds. That's why we still see trainwraps and ads plastered everywhere. We'd need to see a huge capital injection to see the likes of Golden Kingdoms again.

^ Is there any evidence of trouble getting credit? To my eye, this has everything to do with their new business strategy, and not an inability to finance additions. As someone said above, that new strategy is both good and bad.

Personally, I wonder how cheap-seeming additions like El Diablo and decisions like creating more and more dead ends affect business (or don't) in the long run.

. I'd be perfectly happy if we got a regular wood with an 80ft drop. (Also, this is not coming from an old man, I'm a teen, and I prefer real coasters)

This iw what have been saying, nothing wrong with this at all

Don't rule out 2 big coasters opening back to back.

Ka(05) and Toro(06). Chiller(97) and Chiller(98).

I don't think chiller is a valid argument. it was supposed to open in 97 but had issues and was pushed back till 98

Im still in shock that they did Ka an Toro back to back. That was a 1 2 punch in my opinion and I doubt you will ever see that again. Hell cedar point hasn't even pulled that off

Had such a similar idea I was thinking about weeks ago.

http://forum.nolimits-exchange.com/comments.php?DiscussionID=3667&page=1#Item_0

I think it would be such a good use of existing space and buildings with some modification. The new dark rides being placed into other six flags parks would fit in nicely at our park as well.

This Looks Awesome!!! :Wow:

Large coaster would be awesome but the park doesn't have the infrastructure to support that. The park needs more flat rides, attractions, shows, repaved parking lot, and Better security (although it seems better than it was). Do you build the coaster crowds will come for 1st? Or do you build a park that can handle the crowds better, then build the coaster?

Even though it looks like we need flat rides and attractions. We have done good with that over that last few years!

2012- SkyScreamer, Adventure Ally, and family package

2013- Safari Off Road Adventure (A HUGE ATTRACTION!)

2014! World's tallest drop ride, Zumanjaro (a good flat ride)

2015 - El Diablo, Batman Backwards, and improved Fright Fest, Holiday in the Park and overall park improvements. El Diablo is a FLAT RIDE and I think that the new Fright Fest will put in the lead for best FF. Batman Backwards will give us a new experience. And Holiday in the Park will just be awesome! For those who want to come see lights or for those who want to ride coasters in the Winter. Or maybe see some holiday SHOWS. 2015 is better for the park than it seems.

I think its time for a new coaster. Plus i know people that stopped buying season passes because El Diablo was nothing big and everything else would be the same. Also, when i last went, the security was amazing! They saw line jumpers and didnt let the next train of Ka go until the line jumpers confronted themselves.

Also, when i last went, the security was amazing! They saw line jumpers and didnt let the next train of Ka go until the line jumpers confronted themselves.

Well when I was there yesterday, and guy was vaping outside of Johnny Rockets, and nobody said a thing. And then I saw a woman smoking in the "NO smoking beyond this point" and she walked past 3 security guards who said nothing to her. Honestly, I'd rather have a 10 year old cut in front of me, than deal with smokers around the park.

Well when I was there yesterday, and guy was vaping outside of Johnny Rockets, and nobody said a thing. And then I saw a woman smoking in the "NO smoking beyond this point" and she walked past 3 security guards who said nothing to her. Honestly, I'd rather have a 10 year old cut in front of me, than deal with smokers around the park.

Even though I always use the designated areas to vape due to the park rules, I don't really see the issue with vaping unless you are in line or a crowd of people. It evaporates into the air very quickly, can only be smelled in close proximity, and doesn't have the nasty odor of cigs. Maybe I'm just biased, but vaping should be very low on the totem pole of security issues the park has.