VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2016 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

Have we automatically thrown the giga theory out? Because they haven't started land clearing this early since Ka? So could that mean we are getting something bigger than we expected? And I swear to god if MM gets a giga I will never go to a six flags park ever again 😂

As Kristin said.... "BIG" and "Thrilling".... starting to lose hope in the S&S rumor. The wing coaster rumor is also coming back. To be honest, i dont care what we get as long as its fun and a good addition for the park.

I'm very glad that the S&S rumor is starting to drift away. Anything other then a free spin is good for the park. I would love to see a wing coaster over the lake which has been rumored for quite a while now or dare I say a new giga coaster!

The wing coaster rumor seems pretty likely now, with the use of the lake, we can make our wing coaster something really awesome.

Edited by Tower

The giga coaster rumor is just fanboy speculation. Six Flags has not invested more than about $15 million ina single attraction since 2006 and has no plans of changing that strategy just yet. It's been working for them investing in RMC coasters and other smaller rides. A giga coaster just isn't in their price range.

• Like 1

The giga coaster rumor is just fanboy speculation. Six Flags has not invested more than about $15 million ina single attraction since 2006 and has no plans of changing that strategy just yet. It's been working for them investing in RMC coasters and other smaller rides. A giga coaster just isn't in their price range.

Yeah but I'm just tired of the MM fanboys saying they are getting a giga it makes me mad. I mean I know it's not true but idk. But putting a wing coaster right over the lake and seeing it as you walk into the park will make it a very picturesque coaster

Yeah but I'm just tired of the MM fanboys saying they are getting a giga it makes me mad. I mean I know it's not true but idk. But putting a wing coaster right over the lake and seeing it as you walk into the park will make it a very picturesque coaster

Magic Mountain fanboys, the most annoying creatures on earth. Thankfully the logic and truth points out that they won't get a ride like a Giga any time soon. Giga's are really more Cedar Fair type attractions anyways.

If we get a wingrider I hope it focuses more on ride experience than being photogenic like Gatekeeper at CP. It slowly goes through it's elements, but X-Flight looks like it has better pacing. I think if done right wingriders can be a great experience, but because of the exaggerated heartline the designers have to be very careful with the intended forces

^But Green Lantern was back in 2011? The popular rumor is the Free Spin was intended for Great Adventure in 2015 but was instead sent to Fiesta Texas due to going over budget with Zumanjaro. It's possible that the larger version has been planned since for Gadv in 2016, though I have a hunch they're going for something differentl

Doesn't anyone else think it's funny how so many people are saying a s&s is coming to our park without any proof. I think there is proof of an s&s coming to 1 of the parks not great adventure. That ride isn't worthy of our park.

Tell me about it, the most logical truthful thing I've heard all year. Nice job. Plus a wingrider can be a great ride of done correctly. And since the fenced off area is near the lake, we could make something really great out of that.

Edited by Tower

Were not getting a B&M Wingrider. That rumor started on FB when some idiot made up a lie, and said a survey went out last week asking about a Wingrider. There was no survey in the last few week's. Speculation for 2016 has been over for a while now, and i'm not debating it with anyone. When the announcements are made, then the rest of you will know.

We weren't talking about some survey but I sure hope we don't get an S&S Free Spin coaster. Do you happen to know anything Railer? Just out of curiosity, not asking for any hints or details, but I'm just asking if you happen to know what the determined attraction for 2016 is, based on what you just said.

Edited by Tower

When the announcements are made, then the rest of you will know.

This is a true statement and fitting a statement to come form TV's captain obvious ;) but this topic is all about speculation. Everyone has some kind of hope they are putting in here for their speculation and trying to find some itty bitty piece if evidence their speculation could come true.

Honestly I would be happy with the lowly free spin. I've never ridden one and its something the park hasn't had before. That said, I enjoy our current lineup and I will enjoy the what ever is added.

I've had fun reading all of your ideas, keep 'em coming. No matter how ridiculous others may find them.

Edited by scott

Pure speculation, what if GAdv actually got a 2 year package deal with Intamin, the drop ride first so as to not get overshadowed by the coaster for the following year (where they could show it off at Coastercon, or whatever that event was). Then, of course, it got delayed a year because of the issues with Zumanjaro and the state. Could be something with multiple launches along the lines of Cheetah Hunt that stays fairly low but covers a large area...maybe between Lakefront and Chiller's old location, aka the two large open areas with tall fencing? Maybe it's their 70mph speed coaster from a survey a couple years ago. Seems expensive but plausible. Ties together the survey coaster, Zumanjaro manufacturer, Coastercon rumors, construction fences in different areas of the park, and my imagination haha. Also most likely Ka and Toro were bought at the same time for less than they would be individually, so even if owners changed, it's not out of the realm of possibility that they could have done the same thing.

Also Larry Chickola is the head engineer of Six Flags, he came up with a lot of the layout for Toro and the idea to go over Rolling Thunder for turns and such (this information directly from him in person). He's good at this thing, and he could have come up with some great ideas for 2016 too.

Also, I think given the demographics, if GAdv were to do a ride of that style, the intensity/thrill level would be more along the lines of say Maverick or Toro rather than more family pacing and forces like Cheetah Hunt.

Wild, but again, plausible!

Here's a layout I made up quickly a while ago given location of markers. I forgot about markers by the water tower. They could be for something else anyways.

luFMHrV.jpg

Edited by DC High Heat

Six Flags likely already had a multi-ride deal with Intamin for Lex Luthor and Zumanjaro, though spears red by two years for the novelty of breaking records. I just really don't see an Intamin coaster at a SF park for a long time, unfortunately.

As for El Toro, there was an interview conducted around the time the ride opened stating that SF execs were looking closely at Colossos, an Intamin prefab in Germany. Up until the RT hill/twister section, the rides are almost exactly the same. The main differences are El Toro's 180 degree turn out of the station/before the drop, as well as being taller/faster/steeper. Also of note, El Toro's ejector hills are considerably sharper than Colossos'.

With that in mind, I wouldn't say Larry Chickola "designed" El Toro's layout (minus the twister section), it was more of using what worked well with some modifications.

There's somebody on FB that keep's saying were getting a Wingrider, now he started lying and said a he got a survey about one, just to "back up" what he want's the park to get. If anyone started the Wingrider rumor it was me back in early May when i noticed the crew Surveying for what now seem's to be for the Water Filtration Plant, and i said that it may be for a Launched Wingrider in Chiller's station, and Screamscape picked it up and posted it. "10 element" 4D Free-spin named "Total Meyham" in the Lakefront, and some new retail/food offering's along with it. The new shop will be on the rides exit, and i don't have anymore detail's than that yet. This has been backed up from thing's Fitzgerald has said also. The reason our plans were finalized so early this year, is beacause of how big of a demolition job removing all the Lakefront structures will be. Believe me, there are ALOT of other Coaster's i would rather have than this one, but i'm happy with anything we get really. If we got nothing for a year, i'm still going to get a Season Pass. I don't think the park has filed for the Permit's for construction yet to build it (have to see when Jackson releases the minutes from the last board meeting on Monday) But i have people in Trenton (my hometown) in the Elevator Inspection Dept, they do the ride inspection's at the park. They have said nothing has come to them yet, so i'm thinking construction will prob not start until 2016. Demolition is all that will happen the rest of this year.

Yeah Password I know about Colossos, and Toro's design is definitely upgraded with some tweaks that people don't always seem to notice (steeper hills, drop without the flat section, the turnaround pacing faster and the modded entry, etc.), but the RT infield idea I understand was Chickola's and maybe more aspects of the design/concept. I don't remember his exact words, it was like 7-8 years ago.

Edited by DC High Heat

My 5 year park plan:

2016 - giga (unlikely)/ B&M Wing Coaster (possible)/ S&S Free Spin (likely)

2017- If Free Spin, Justice League. If one of the other two, flat ride

2018- family additions, new family coaster, redo Bugs Bunny National Park.

2019 - New Coaster

2020 - flat ride

Well that's a major disappointment. After all these years waiting for a major coaster we are probably going to get something like this? What a massive shame. Sorry for my ungratefulness, but seriously.

Edited by Tower

What i think is more "newswothy" now is the fact that the park want's to make a Water Purifier on the property. That is a big infastructure job that can mean a few different thing's. They are getting ready and setting up the infrastructure to eventually handle a Hotel, and year round operation's with possibly an indoor Waterpark, to go along with the now much longer operating Season (HITP is the 1st step heading towards year round operations) Or maybe even a MAJOR waterpark expansion, since they have hit capacity a few times this season, and had to turn Guest's away (thats all lost revinue thay had to deny) And i mean by Water park expansion is not just a new slide, but say a 2nd Wave Pool, or a whole new children's water play structure. Any expansion like that would have to be to the area to the rt of the Park when you enter it, they are "landlocked" in all other directions for an expansion of that size.

Edited by Railer