VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2016 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

hey guys I'm new to this whole forum thing so I'm kind of confused on what's going on but I've been following this forum for a while and can say that all the speculation has been very entertaining. in a perfect world we'd see a massive intamin giga in old country, with movie town and old country transforming into Gotham city. To me, that's more of a cedar fair kind of move. I hate to say this, but I almost wish Great Adventure was owned by Cedar Fair, because they'd end up being such a better park. As for 2016, I'd like to see either an X2 style coaster or a Premier Rides Launched Coaster, but realistically, the S&S is a great possibility. BUT... nobody can even make their chances on 2016 because we haven't had any teasers yet!! 2016 can still be a big year guys!

Well that's a major disappointment. After all these years waiting for a major coaster we are probably going to get something like this? What a massive shame. Sorry for my ungratefulness, but seriously.

I couldn't agree more like I said before a free spin doesn't fill that "gap" of coaster between the 10 years or even 7 years

hey guys I'm new to this whole forum thing so I'm kind of confused on what's going on but I've been following this forum for a while and can say that all the speculation has been very entertaining. in a perfect world we'd see a massive intamin giga in old country, with movie town and old country transforming into Gotham city. To me, that's more of a cedar fair kind of move. I hate to say this, but I almost wish Great Adventure was owned by Cedar Fair, because they'd end up being such a better park. As for 2016, I'd like to see either an X2 style coaster or a Premier Rides Launched Coaster, but realistically, the S&S is a great possibility. BUT... nobody can even make their chances on 2016 because we haven't had any teasers yet!! 2016 can still be a big year guys!

Yeah, Cedar Fair is much better than Six Flags in my opinion. Cedar Fair actually cares about a lot of their parks. All of their parks (well most of them) get a good coaster every few years. Six Flags, although they do add something to each of their parks every year, well, there have been many parks these past few years that haven't gotten even a single thing notable. (Ex. Six Flags St Louis, Six Flags La Ronde)

Yeah, Cedar Fair is much better than Six Flags in my opinion. Cedar Fair actually cares about a lot of their parks. All of their parks (well most of them) get a good coaster every few years. Six Flags, although they do add something to each of their parks every year, well, there have been many parks these past few years that haven't gotten even a single thing notable. (Ex. Six Flags St Louis, Six Flags La Ronde)

Dorney Park? Michigan's Adventure? They CLOSED Geauga Lake.

They're just as bad, dude

Edited by BuddyChrist

Dorney and MA don't bring much to the table as far as size and quality when they were bought. they are both small parks, so adding large coasters is just not likely to happen. In the case of Great Adventure, they already bring all the cards to the table, and Cedar Fair could still make them better, because they'd be one of the greatest parks in the chain.

Well we already have a very impressive line up of coasters and attractions so chances are we wouldn't fall under the category of Dorney and Michigan's. Plus, Dorney is a fairly decent park compared to some of the other Cedar Fair parks.

But to be honest, with an edition like an S&S Free Fly, I would rather the park just keep the Fort Independence and the Grandstand then tear them both down to add something as simple as a Free Fly. It's just not worth tearing down all of that for a coaster not very thrilling. If we were to get a Wingrider or RMC, then definitely. Even a newly expanded area would be nice. But in the case of an S&S 4D? Not really.

Edited by Tower

Agreed. CF only cares about certain parks. Plus, not every park gets something new every year. They only care about CP, Carowinds, KI, and CW.

Ludicrous. Valleyfair, Knotts, DP, and CGA have all received much more compelling and thoughtful additions to their lineups in the last decade than nearly every SF park. They've done this while maintaining operations that are far more dependable than those at SF parks.

There are some downsides to CF parks, sure, but I'll take empowered employees and rides like Renegade/a refurbished Timber Mountain Log Ride over aggressively apathetic operations and repurposed carnival-ride monstrosities.

That wingrider rumor started YEARS ago back in 2012 or 2013 when some guy said he got a survey about demolishing Bizarro, and with the ride rotation program sending it somewhere else, and replacing it with a wingrider. There was never any evidence at all, and the only thing that makes a wingrider possible is the fact that Six Flags trademarked/bought the rights (something like that) X-Flight's layout. I just don't see it happening.

As for DC's 2 year deal with Intamin theory, I can see how that's possible because it's happened before, though in completely different circumstances. Multi-year deals happen more often than you think, and although it would be a slightly expensive concept, it wouldn't necessarily have to break the bank and go past $20 million. X Flight was $15 million dollars, and that's a B&M. Six Flags is pretty good at cutting costs so I wouldn't worry about that.

Also Geuga Lake wasn't all CF's fault (though they "did the deed" , ending it for good), by the time they got their hands on the park SF had already destroyed all income sources. It's a really controversial story but in reality both companies are responsible for the downfall of that legendary park.

EDIT: I'm stunned how quiet Gadv has been for this year, there's less than a month until the announcement and there hasn't been a single trustworthy leak, hint, or teaser at all.

Edited by KK456

That wingrider rumor started YEARS ago back in 2012 or 2013 when some guy said he got a survey about demolishing Bizarro, and with the ride rotation program sending it somewhere else, and replacing it with a wingrider. There was never any evidence at all, and the only thing that makes a wingrider possible is the fact that Six Flags trademarked/bought the rights (something like that) X-Flight's layout. I just don't see it happening.

As for DC's 2 year deal with Intamin theory, I can see how that's possible because it's happened before, though in completely different circumstances. Multi-year deals happen more often than you think, and although it would be a slightly expensive concept, it wouldn't necessarily have to break the bank and go past $20 million. X Flight was $15 million dollars, and that's a B&M. Six Flags is pretty good at cutting costs so I wouldn't worry about that.

Also Geuga Lake wasn't all CF's fault (though they "did the deed" , ending it for good), by the time they got their hands on the park SF had already destroyed all income sources. It's a really controversial story but in reality both companies are responsible for the downfall of that legendary park.

EDIT: I'm stunned how quiet Gadv has been for this year, there's less than a month until the announcement and there hasn't been a single trustworthy leak, hint, or teaser at all.

Yes, in fact that rumor about Bizarro being demolished was Started on GADV Online when someone made a post about Bizarro possible going in to the ride rotation program. To be honest the S&S rumor started with that stupid fake survey about great Adventure wanting an S&S 4D, and it was fake because it was for all parks, and a 4D was on the list for every single park, even Fiesta Texas. People still don't understand that. Also, for those saying that The 4D was "supposed" to be for 2015 but Zumanjaro went over budget, well, unless I see an article confirming that then it's probably not even true.

I honestly am trying really hard to provide info that this S&S rumor does not come true, but I have a sick feeling in my stomach that it is going to turn true. I mean, I will be happy with a new coaster, but the certain coaster isn't really what we are hoping for as we think we deserve better, which is completely reasonable due to the fact that we haven't gotten a brand new coaster since 2008. In all honesty any new coaster would be good I guess, but i just don't like the ideas of the 4D. I would rather get a Wingrider which unfortunately won't happen, but I guess I'll try my best to deal with it.

Edited by Tower

I think the Park is being quiet with "clues" this year because the news has been out there for a couple month's already. Any clue they gave at this point would instantly confirm what is already out there. Like if we got the pic of a "Fruit Loop", when it's already been posted that we are getting a Larsen Super Loop. It would instantly give it away.

They should tease more of the theme or the name of the ride, not anything that could give away the actual ride. Like how carowinds did with fury, they teased the hornet theme and the hive theme and the color scheme. They never just posted a photo of "325" in giant letters. Great Adventure just needs to be more creative this year with their teasers.

Okay this may sound very crazy and I know that there's about a 95% chance Great Adventure is getting a coaster, but how does anyone know we're even getting one? I realize Fort Independece and Great Lake Grandstand are being demolished and speculation is leaning in favor of a new coaster, but again, that is pure SPECULATION. GUESSES. THOUGHTS. Nothing else. Just because Six Flags likes the Free Spins and wants to add more to their parks, what makes everyone automatically assume it's going to our park?

What exact proof is there of what we are getting? If you don't provide any sort of sources or information, then what you are saying is just speculation.

When there is smoke, there is fire. This has been the rumor since Robb Alvey *reportedly* said at one of his events that SFFT and GAdv would be very pleased with their 2015 additions. This, along with employee testimonies online about how Zumanjaro went over budget which prevented a 2015 S&S, bring mindless banter to a solid hypothesis.

One thing is certain- this will not be an RMC. Based on SF's additions the last 3-4 years, that basically leaves a Free Spin or Premier launched coaster. As of now, smart money is on S&S.

I know everyone is pretty set on this Free Spin rumor being true, but did anyone realize that the new S&S coaster going in at Playlands Castaway Cove in NJ has a very similar name to one that six flags trademarked? They're calling it gale force, and it has 7 elements. Six flags trademarked the name gale force 7. Is that a weird coincidence or is it something different? I know we are probably getting total mayhem as our ride title but this seemed weird to me. (Sorry if someone already brought this up and also sorry if im just overlooking and it has nothing to do with eachother :Yuck: )

Okay i just looked up what gale force and it got me wondering. Gale force is a wind scale (used mostly at sea) and ranged by numbers. A force of 7 is 32-38 mph. I looked at the model of the S&S free spin on their website and it says it goes 38 mph. Weird isnt it? This is mostly me hoping since were rumored to get the name total mayhem that its a different coaster and another park gets an S&S called gale force 7 :Yuck: (again sorry if this is just me looking into things too much)