VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2016 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

Well then, with that said, I guess this discussion should really be closed since it;s obvious what we are getting. And me and a lot of other people are probably going to be very disappointed.

That would be interesting if our goal was to come up with a unanimous decision, and to see how long before the announcement we could "lock in" that prediction.

I never thought i'd say it, but i miss the Premier days with the 20+mil investment's. Even though it was driving the company into bankruptcy, they did know how to add an Attraction the right way. Larry Chickola was mentioned a few post's back. Is he still working out of Great Adventure? The last time i have seen him in interviews was when they were converting Medusa into Bizarro. There was a newspaper write up about him back then also where he stated that he worked out of our park.

Edited by Railer

I never thought i'd say it, but i miss the Premier days with the 20+mil investment's. Even though it was driving the company into bankruptcy, they did know how to add an Attraction the right way. Larry Chickola was mentioned a few post's back. Is he still working out of Great Adventure? The last time i have seen him in interviews was when they were converting Medusa into Bizarro. There was a newspaper write up about him back then also where he stated that he worked out of our park.

I miss it greatly, too. However, coaster-wise we have been one of the more neglected parks in the chain the last 7-8 years or so. Especially considering the ride removals and half the chain recently adding RMC's, with SFMM getting a major coasrer seemingly every other year, and it can be frustrating.

Right when Premier was replaced is when they finally started doing things right, unfortunately too late. I believe they had a 5 year plan to add sections like GK and PDC (two of the best themed sections of any SF park) , and I'm not sure if that included 3 more coasters, but imagine the level of theming we could have had if they had a little more time. And yes, I do miss being spoiled by Premier.

Edited by KK456

I feel like there is going to be a mutiny on our hands if we end up getting the free spin. I will leave my opinion to myself until an announcement is made. All this talk and speculation has become very "meh" . We either all seem to know what we are in for and are just in denial or SF is going to go above and beyond what any of us thought, well there seem to be the few that know already but im talking the general group

I mean, we have always been hoping for something like a Wingrider, RMC, Dive Machine, ect for years now. The fact we are getting a ride that has been getting mixed reviews and isn't much of a thrilling addition, is kind of like traveling hundreds of miles to go to a park you have always wanted to go to, only to find out it's closed the time you are there.

Edited by Tower

I feel like there is going to be a mutiny on our hands if we end up getting the free spin. I will leave my opinion to myself until an announcement is made. All this talk and speculation has become very "meh" . We either all seem to know what we are in for and are just in denial or SF is going to go above and beyond what any of us thought, well there seem to be the few that know already but im talking the general group

The only person I trust is 29YearsWithAGAPass. I don't trust what anyone else says, because it's all things they "Heard from an employee" and such. If you truly knew what it was, you wouldn't go around posting it on forums, because GA workers would see it and not let you in on next year's additions.

• Like 1

Larry Chickola was mentioned a few post's back. Is he still working out of Great Adventure? The last time i have seen him in interviews was when they were converting Medusa into Bizarro. There was a newspaper write up about him back then also where he stated that he worked out of our park.

Yes, Larry still works out of Great Adventure. I've talked about it to Kristin & Kaitlyn recently.

All this talk and speculation has become very "meh" .

These topics have turned into 5% speculation and 95% "GAH that would be the worst addition EVER, no more season pass for me!"

• Like 2

Well I'm tired of people just assuming what were getting, saying it here on this thread, causing people like me to get upset and angry. This is a speculation thread, not an assumption thread. I know I may act like I'm assuming what we are getting, but I'm just upset by so many people saying "Oh, just face it, we are probably getting this, because someone said this"

I mean, we have always been hoping for something like a Wingrider, RMC, Dive Machine, ect for years now. The fact we are getting a ride that has been getting mixed reviews and isn't much of a thrilling addition, is kind of like traveling hundreds of miles to go to a park you have always wanted to go to, only to find out it's closed the time you are there.

Clark G knows how that feels lol

and yes, I am hopeing/waiting for a major new coaster but it is what it is no matter what we say, look at rolling thunder, everyone was in an up raw and it still came down

I've said it time and time again. I really don't care what we get, I mean i have what i would like, and hope for (an RMC going back the Mansion driveway, with a return trip partially over the Lake) But i just post what i hear, and what seems to be coming. Comment's from Fitzgerald, combined with some thing's i have heard, seem to all point to "Total Meyham". I don't care about peoples opinion of me, and like it or not, i have been pretty accurate with news i've posted. I've had some of the detail's and specifics off, but the "root" of all the news i posted has been correct. Now some here say "we don't talk about it, because we choose not to, and it's a slap in the face to the Park". When in FACT, it's they can't talk about it, because they are employee's, and can be fired if they talk online about certain thing's. And alot won't give away thing's they hear, because they won't be invited to the next Media Event if they do. All that stuff means nothing to me, the Park wanted me to come be in Guest Relations and be one of the VIP Guide's a few year's back, and i shot it down when i heard what the pay was. If something ANY Theme Park does makes someone be mad, who really has the problem? The person sharing the News that makes them mad, or the one that gets mad because of something a Theme Park does?

Why do people keep bringing up "Total Mayhem" ??? Six Flags trademarked that name, not Six Flags Great Adventure. That could literally be for ANY park.

Total Mayhem also sounds like a year round scary maze that could go to SFM or another park. It just doesn't sound like a name for a coaster. Or I could see it being a name for a thrill ride

Have any of the Park's done any hint's other than Fiesta Texas? If we don't get any hint's at all for Great Adventure, it will be sort of a "tell" because of what's been posted and out there already. If we don't get any hint's in the next few week's, the lack of a hint, will be a hint.

Have any of the Park's done any hint's other than Fiesta Texas? If we don't get any hint's at all for Great Adventure, it will be sort of a "tell" because of what's been posted and out there already. If we don't get any hint's in the next few week's, the lack of a hint, will be a hint.

railer do you know anything about 2016?

I mean, don't tell the entire thread exactly what you hear. I don't think Fitzgerald would be telling people exactly what the attraction is besides trusted employees and staff (managers really only fall into that category) So if you know what the attraction is for 2016, just shut up. I don't want to hear spoilers, not many people want spoilers either, and I'd rather have suspense during the announcement rather than know what is coming already and not care at all. I still refuse to believe what anyone says still besides 29YearsWithAGAPass, probably because he is very good at keeping things hushed when it comes to future attractions.

I mean, don't tell the entire thread exactly what you hear. I don't think Fitzgerald would be telling people exactly what the attraction is besides trusted employees and staff (managers really only fall into that category) So if you know what the attraction is for 2016, just shut up. I don't want to hear spoilers, not many people want spoilers either, and I'd rather have suspense during the announcement rather than know what is coming already and not care at all. I still refuse to believe what anyone says still besides 29YearsWithAGAPass, probably because he is very good at keeping things hushed when it comes to future attractions.

You are correct, no employees know anything but people involved with the project. The only way some 'know', and I'm using that word loosely, is the same way the GP or some of you guys know...simply by what you read online. Theres a handful of people on here that I'm sure know whats coming and not a peep has been mentioned exactly for the fact to not spoil it, and not say anything until its announced. Speculation is supposed to be fun and get everyones imagination going. I think it personally helps add to the suspense.

• Like 1

You are correct, no employees know anything but people involved with the project. The only way some 'know', and I'm using that word loosely, is the same way the GP or some of you guys know...simply by what you read online. Theres a handful of people on here that I'm sure know whats coming and not a peep has been mentioned exactly for the fact to not spoil it, and not say anything until its announced. Speculation is supposed to be fun and get everyones imagination going. I think it personally helps add to the suspense.

I honestly couldn't agree more. I love speculating, especially a month before announcements are supposed to be made, but the issue is I people really shouldn't be spoiling the news. Even if it's a really cool addition, imagine how much cooler it would be if we found out the day the announcements are made. Mainly because that's when we are supposed to find out.

SFOG has posted a few pics on Facebook or Instagram a while ago, but that's it.

• Like 1

You have to look at it like the Movies. If you don't want to know what's going to happen in "Batman v Superman", don't go on Comicbookmovie.com. There are people out there with no "ties" to the park, but have "ties" to other's that have know. The local of the Ironworker's Union is an example (if it's Steel) the work has to be scheduled. It seem's in the past the rides that have been VERY secret, and not alot knew about are the record breaker's. And this year it seem's like it was all finalized earlier because of all the demolition. But who know's, they could still even change it maybe to something else that would fit in that area. But it seem's unlikely at this point, but never know.