VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

2016 and Beyond Speculation at SFGA

^True that. Last year was a disaster with all the hate, the new for 2015 page had so much hate mail that they just took off the comments section

where are they getting these from lol

I believe someone is making them and it's just being claimed its from 'cooperate six flags'. I don't believe for a second it's from them and if it was (no offense to theme park maniacs) but it's a very random site to be getting sent information like that -if it were true.

• Like 1

The TPM guy's went to SFNE, and met someone there that supposedly knows someone in Corporate in Texas. That's how they are getting these. I knew another "rendering" was coming a couple days ago. And when i first posted here and said i heard "plans changed" almost a week ago now, it was when they first met the person in SFNE, and then a couple days later we got the Hotel "rendering". I'm going by the Twp meeting, and that they got approval for a new Coaster. If you go on Jackson Twp's "Watchdog" Facebook page, a woman replied to me that was at the meeting (for another Twp issue) and said they got approval for a new Coaster. She had no other detail's because they were not there for that and really was not paying attention to the Park's issues.

EDIT : Just went and checked to see if anyone else replied on Jackson Twp's FB, and someone did. They got approval for a new Coaster lakeside........and ready for this......a NEW LAKESIDE ARENA/BLEACHERS!!!!!!

Edited by Railer

EDIT : Just went and checked to see if anyone else replied on Jackson Twp's FB, and someone did. They got approval for a new Coaster lakeside........and ready for this......a NEW LAKESIDE ARENA/BLEACHERS!!!!!!

Nice! Any details on the coaster...height/speed? I'm assuming the location will be strictly in the stadium footprint.

Nothing with detail's on the Coaster yet. But i asked the one who was at the meeting and replied and said that representative's from the Park were at the meeting, and that the Coaster is going where the Grandstand is, and that a new Arena will be built elsewhere in the Lakefront area. I will wait and see if this fellow has any of the Coaster detail's, the Woman who replied and said they got approval for the Coaster yesterday did not know any detail's either. But that's now 2 people that were there at the meeting, and both said they got approval for a Coaster.

Nothing with detail's on the Coaster yet. But i asked the one who was at the meeting and replied and said that representative's from the Park were at the meeting, and that the Coaster is going where the Grandstand is, and that a new Arena will be built elsewhere in the Lakefront area. I will wait and see if this fellow has any of the Coaster detail's, the Woman who replied and said they got approval for the Coaster yesterday did not know any detail's either. But that's now 2 people that were there at the meeting, and both said they got approval for a Coaster.

That's very surprising to me...where else on the lake could they really build a venue that makes sense?

That's very surprising to me...where else on the lake could they really build a venue that makes sense?

I would assume since the meeting said the coaster was going to be where the grandstand was. Also assuming the coaster is a 4d free-spin. I could see a new venue to the right of the Aqua stadium behind the Blackbeard coaster or to the Right of Bugs Bunny National Park.

I would assume since the meeting said the coaster was going to be where the grandstand was. Also assuming the coaster is a 4d free-spin. I could see a new venue to the right of the Aqua stadium behind the Blackbeard coaster or to the Right of Bugs Bunny National Park.

They never said it would go in the exact footprints of the Grandstand, just that it would go there. There's a reason why it's fenced off way past the Grandstand.

Here is the reply i recieved from a fellow named "Todd Porter" that was at the meeting. And he is the 2nd person that was there to say a Coaster was approved.

"Rich, GA was there. The proposal was to tear down the current waterfront Grandstand and place a Coaster there. They will be building a new lakeside arena on a separate spot on the lake"

Now i'm thinking they may be changing the viewing area for the Firework's, to where the "Aqua Stadium" is. That could eliminate the one MAJOR problem that Firework's shows have always had, wind shift's. If they made some sort of Bleachers/Arena closer to Aqua's spot, it would eliminate that by putting a little more distance between Guest's and the Dock's. The Dock's would need to be "angled" a little so they are "dead on' with the new viewing area also. But i remember MANY times they had to cancel "Saturday Night Light's" Firework's show's due to wind shifts. Even the Friday night show this year on the 4th weekend was cut a little short due to a wind shift.

Yeah, i still think that's it. I even think it will be "Total Mayhem" still, i think the FF Haunt was done purposely to throw everyone. That theme, in that part of the Park is just too perfect. It will really "carry over" the bright color's of the 4 Tent's, and Yum Yum (if it looks fresh with new paint) And i really hope that it is going in the Grandstand's spot so that not alot of Tree's have to be removed. And from the look's of the bigger "10 element" one it's just double the height, the length look's to be about the same. So now i envision the 4-D along the Water right behind BBNP where the Fence and stone path along the lake is. It goes into the Grandstand's area, and a new shop on the Exit. And then i guess some sort of new Stage/open Arena/Bleachers Viewing area more where "Live n Local" and "Aqua Stadium" is, and in the "corner" of the Lake. That way it will give you views of the Fireworks, and of the new Coaster. Like you are sitting on "Home Plate" on a Baseball field. The Coaster will be down the 3rd base line, and the penninsula for the Switlick Driveway is 1st base line.Then the Firework's will be further out in the Lake from the Guest's so wind won't be too much of an issue anymore also. And Aqua Snack's will opened up as something again, and prob aother stand or two between the new viewing "arena/bleachers" and the new Coaster. And a whole bunch of sponsor ad's all over the place from the new path's to generate revinue for the Park.

Does anyone else think that we need another "kiddie coaster". All we really have is Road Runner Railway (i dont count Blackbeard). It would be really nice to bring our coaster count to 15 with the addition of a new kiddie coaster in Bugs Bunny National Park also in 2016. I mean in 2011, MM did get a 4D AND a kiddie coaster. So it could always happen

Why isn't blackbeard's a kiddle coaster? It is to me.

I guess it's considered a junior coaster. Wikipedia says "It is a smaller, family-oriented coaster. It is considered a Junior Coaster rather than a kiddie coaster because Adults can ride without a child and the restraints are slightly larger than that of a children's rollercoaster." Although Road Runner Railway also allows adults to ride without a child.

Yea I consider Blackbeard's a children's coaster. I don't think we need another kiddie coaster, but we need more of a stepping stone coaster like Rolling Thunder. We have coasters (Ones that you actually feel the drops) that go up to 40ft, and then shoot up to 200. My little sister would need to go to a different park to find a middle coaster, because right now the biggest thing she's gone on is Skull Mountain. It would've been so awesome if they would've RMC'd Rolling Thunder and made it like Twisted Colossus (I think that's the one I'm thinking of) where you get to go on both sides, because I liked the left side a bit better :P

We do need something in-between, but they promoted "El Diablo" as that. So from the Park's point of view, that void has been adressed already. And to me we have what has turned into the best "In-between" Coaster ever made, "The Runaway Mine Train". But it's because of the removals we have had, we have lost more than we have gained as of late. And no matter what the Park's excuse's are, Rolling Thunder was a blow to the Park. It didn't need much love to make it great again. They could of went with a "mild" RMC transformation. Just make it smooth as glass, a steeper drop, and have the turnaround with an overbank, and a "hi-five" on the racing Bunny Hill's at the end. It could of been a great Coaster again, and right about the same "thrill level".

We do need something in-between, but they promoted "El Diablo" as that. So from the Park's point of view, that void has been adressed already. And to me we have what has turned into the best "In-between" Coaster ever made, "The Runaway Mine Train". But it's because of the removals we have had, we have lost more than we have gained as of late. And no matter what the Park's excuse's are, Rolling Thunder was a blow to the Park. It didn't need much love to make it great again. They could of went with a "mild" RMC transformation. Just make it smooth as glass, a steeper drop, and have the turnaround with an overbank, and a "hi-five" on the racing Bunny Hill's at the end. It could of been a great Coaster again, and right about the same "thrill level".

Hear, hear.

On the kiddie coaster thing, whatever Zamperla model RRR is appears in a lot of SF parks, and it's surprisingly rough and forceful. I think the void is actually on the tamer side of that ride, something like a Wilderness Run (f.k.a. Jr. Gemini) at Cedar Point, or a Magic Flyer at SFMM -- a true first coaster.