VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

What is up with all the closed rides?

Nitro#1

These were the rides that were down on my most recent trip which was Sunday 9/7.

Superman had a crane outside of it with both the trains in the storage area. This was the same way it looked from a recent trip report. It has been down for a while now. Does anyone know the reason why it is closed and when it will reopen? I don't like that ride and I almost never go on it, but it does keep a good number of people standing in line and away from the lines for other rides.

Runaway Mine Train has also been closed in the same time. Both of it's trains are in the storage area, but I didn't see any work being done. I heard earlier that they were working on the track to try and make it smoother. Does anyone know when it will be open again?

Saw Mill Log Flume was closed and drained. I think that it is done for the season. Although it is after Labor Day, HH was open, and it was definitely warm enough for it to be open. I heard that this has something to do with one of the Fright Fest attractions being right under it. They don't want it leaking and making the area all muddy.

The Skyride was running one side and had almost a full queue. Last year when I went on the Sunday after Labor Day, both sides were running with a minimal wait. Every day I have been there this year, both sides were running, except for the first time I went and it was closed for wind. The "A" side has been closed while the "B" side has been running recently as seen from trip reports and my own experience recently. What is wrong with the "A" side.

Because of all these closed rides, lines were much longer than when I went around the same time last year. I got on everything on the Sunday after Labor Day last year in under 40 minutes. There looked to be some waits over an hour this past weekend. Eventually I decided not to deal with the closed rides and lines and left. I beat the traffic at least. It wasn't a bad trip to the park, but the closed rides definitely detracted from the experience.

This time of year is always hard to staff rides which is part of it (at least for the Skyride), and it's the shoulder season so the water rides close (more because of staffing than dropping temperatures most of the time).

I'm not sure what is wrong with RMT and SUF but from the sound of it they are both having mechanical issues. This wouldn't be the first time for SUF needing a lift motor replaced (which it sounds like its the case from your description). But, once again, I have no idea officially why they are closed.

I had read somewhere that SUF has a blown lift motor. And that RMT was to be having track work done? I saw the crane by SUF and the last time I was there (Before my most recent Saturday trip for ROTB) it was there too. Saturday was so ball sack hot , the Log Flume being closed was a huge disappointment for me. I may have actually shed a tear had I not been so dehydrated lol! Rapids was working though I didn't go on... I ended up leaving for a few hours & going home for swim in the pool then coming back for ERT.

^True because El Toro is one of their main attractions. Superman is just popular because of its location. Although it hurts because now there is nothing to keep people away from other lines