VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

XBox One versus Playstation 4 (or anything else..)

robertleax

I have an Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and Wii... Which new system do you think is better? I was thinking about upgrading but have have not decided yet. I was leaning to XBOX ONE because I have 2 Xbox 360's with Kinects (one for me and my son) which I use alot more than my PS3 (with PS Move) and I also have a Surface Tablet and Windows phone which is nice because along with my laptop (with Windows 8.1) they all sync together. However I don't play as much as I used to (actually its been a few months now). So I don't know if I should jump onto a new system or wait a while til the price drops. Is the graphics that much better? I do have them both hooked upon my 47" 1080 TV with a very nice 6.1 Pioneer Stereo System.

Also I know that they are both not backwards compatible (which the 360 and PS3 both are) but does anyone know if that might change in the future (possibly with a software update)?

I also seem to like the Xbox controller over the PS3.

Any advise and or opinions would be helpful.

Thanks

I would go through the games you want on each console and see how many are next gen exclusive right now since it seems like many major games at least for now are still being released on PS3 and 360 like Watch Dogs and Destiny and then decide if there are enough to make it worth it to buy a new console now. I'm probably going to get a PS4 eventually but am waiting for a price drop since there is really nothing on the system (or XBox One) that I feel like I need to play right now that I can't get on PS3.

I don't think they are going to adds backwards compatibility with the game companies now selling so many older games online and they probably want everyone to re-buy them rather than allow the old games to work on the new consoles.

I am not an expert on these things, but my cousin uses his PC, to play console games using emulator programs. He says modern consoles are nothing more than low end PCs, and really are outdated and only marketing and lack of knowledge keeps them around.