VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

GA Mystery Photos & Trivia

29yrswithaGApass

Guest warnerleroy
I don't recall the chariot races coming back to the park after the 70s. The Wild, Wild, West Show came back to the Great Atrena in 1983 but that was purely a western/cowboy/rodeo show.

That was what I was thinking, I remember seeing a picture of a chariot in the Great Adventure Today news article about the shows' return. To the new trivia question, I would say a backstage area?

Edited by 29yrswithaGApass

The picture is the side of what was the front of a food place and Mama Flora's building was built infront of it. The new building was built around 1992 or 1993 and was first designed as a 50's eatery known as Dee Jay's Dinner. It was later remodeled into Knight's Realm around 1995. I can't remember the name of the old eatery, but I think it was either something like Food Fair or Good Time Burger. I think they have used the Enchanted Forest and the Big Wheel name on the original eatery.

Edited by darkridedan

Yep! That's it Dan!

The current restarurant that you see as "Mama Floras" was built directly in front of the original Big Wheel Cafe restaurant. You can see in the picture below how they prepared the original building for the new addition. So the picture above shows the combination of the new building to the left and the original building to the right.

gallery_2_133_220247.jpg

My history lesson for the day. Now I have something new to look for the next time at the park. (most likely tonite, if all goes as planned) It's funny when I was at the park on Mon. we were actually going to eat at Momma Flora's. I'm all Italian and I never ate at the only Italian place in the park. Go Figure.

Guest warnerleroy

This may be off topic, but I find it weird that sit down restaurants with waiters and menus fit in in Busch, Disney, and Universal parks, but seem out of place in Six FLags and Cedar Fair. Was there ever a sit down restaurant in Great Adventure with waiters and menus, etc. and not a cafeteria or fast food location?

Some Cedar Fair parks do have sitdown restaurants. Dorney has the Game Day Grill as does Cedar Point. Cedar Point also has a sitdown-service Johnny Rockets inside the park and a TGIF's right outside. Knott's Berry Farm has a TGIF and The Chicken Dinner Restaurant right out infront of the maingate.