VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

GA Mystery Photos & Trivia

29yrswithaGApass

I'd say the Safari headquarters and storehouses. Also probably an animal hospital. Processing center for new arrivals. Here is the birds eye view. The large area could be a quarantine area for the newbies too. The open area behind the blue square thing looks like it could be the boneyard, but I am not sure. Not sure if the blue square is a sewage treatment facility. The oval waterway is a mystery too.GA1c.jpg

Would make a heck of a paintball field, no?

Edited by J4Sing

QUESTION #60: At Great Adventure, what can be found inside the red circle?

gallery_2_28_149481.jpg

From what I understand, it's the animal quarantine area with the safari medical facilities being the buildings surrounded by trees in the lower left portion of the circle. The water pumping/treatment plant is located toward the right within the circle.

ANSWER: The area is primarily a segregated section of the safari where animals are kept for various reasons including sepeartion during certain times of the year such as mating season. The buildings include veterinarian facilities as well as offices for the Safari staff. Towards the back of the area are water treatment and Municipal Utilities Authority facilities.

gallery_2_38_69541.jpg

gallery_2_38_44311.jpg

gallery_2_38_581082.jpg

(Note: The top two photos were taken while on the VIP Off-Road Adventure Tour and the bottom photo was taken from a public roadway. Do not trespass!)

On the other side of Reed Rd.? And I suppose your back gate shot of the MUA is from either Reed Rd. or a road off of Reed Rd. correct? I have never been on the "back" side of the property before, this Fall I will have to take a ride around and check it out. I love alot of those road's in Jackson and Plumstead in the Fall.

I thought you meant the word "history" by the Balloon Logo in the bottom right, my bad. So the Mansion is right next to the Safari, I always wodered where the mansion was since I first heard about it here. What kind of shape is it in? Is it used for anything these days?

I was back by the mansion in '99 or '00 doing some grounds crew work for the Scout camp outs they have back there. I believe the mansion was occupied at the time by one of the park executives. Not sure which one, I want to say Al Rubano. (on a side note, I noticed that during the pre-show for TDK, the ticker has a request for Al Rubano to call Guest Services.)

Edited by Eric

I didn't even know there was a Switlick mansion. Now I want to see it.

So what about the bonus question I posted? If that isn't the Switlick house, what is it?

Edited by J4Sing