VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

What are your Great Adventure opening plans?

29yrswithaGApass

28 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be going to Great Adventure as soon as it opens?

• Yes, I'll be there on April 3rd - opening day!
    • Yes, I'll be there at some point between April 3 to 5 - opening weekend.
    • Yes, I'll be there at some point during the first week or so - April 3 to 12.
    • No, I won't be going until later in the season.
    • No, I won't be going to Great Adventure this year.

They shouldn't. They aren't really a group anymore and I don't think they left a good impression on the park. However 'vine Stars' will be having a concert during the summer in the batman stunt arena. That day will probably be crazy. VIP tickets are already sold out.

Do you know what day that will be? I would like to try to avoid it.

Magcon is/was a group of 'vine famous' people who toured around the U.S. to meet fans and of those who preform,to preform for them. They came to the park as guest last year and all of them tweeted out they were going there and their each and every move and it caused so much chaos.

I was working the sealion show that day and I guess their first tweet said they were in the 'amphitheater' and all the sudden out of nowhere there was a mad rush of about 300+ fan girls that I just saw charging from the main fountain to the sealion show. It was nuts I had to yell at them all and they kept telling me they are in there they said they are in there. They wouldn't believe us and were like sworming is. They weren't there to meet fans but the fans didn't understand that and were on a mission to find them wherever they were.

We had a great time yesterday, the lot was only about half full at it's peak. The longest line we encountered was the line to add season dining to our passes. We got to the park at 2 and had our dining passes just before 3, with just enough time to get our first lunch at Yum Yum Palace. Knowing we have all season to ride we took our time and rode Bizzaro (Longest wait for 30 minutes), Runaway Train, first dining pass snack of dip'n dots, Batman the Ride with a second circuit when there was nobody in the station, Dark Knight, again nobody in the station so we went around again, Dinner at Granny's then a couple of rides on Skull Mountain once again nobody in the station.

I bet the crowd will be even less today, have a great time KK465.

Its REALLY crowded today actually. The entrance road was backed up with traffic, and the entrance itself is stuffed. I've been waiting to get in for an hour now and the entrance line isn't budging. Perhaps it's the nice weather!

Edited by KK456
  • Like 1

It's the good weather, there is a large Jewish group today for a Passover event and a concert. I thought it would be crowded but not so crowded that it would take over an hour to get into the parking lot.

Went yesterday. Not many long lines for Easter Sunday. GL got stuck 3 times (yea), Toro had an hour wait, however SORA had about 45 min. Runaway Mine Train line was quite long for normal yesterday at about 25 min. Bizarro for me was nearly no wait, and Skull Mountain was a walk on. Toro didnt open until later in the day, and the Parachute Tower remained closed. Was also happy to see the Movietown letters back after last year's absence! Nitro is amazing at sunset. Best of the West for lunch was amazing as usual. Can't wait for visit number 2 of the year for me.

Ok, so today was very intense and now that I'm home I'll post everything in detail. I got to the park, and it took a while to get into the parking lot. When we got to the entrance plaza, it was mobbed and it took us an hour to actually get in the park. By this time it was like 11:30ish. We headed to Batman first and the line was about 30 minutes, the shortest I encountered. After that we went to Nitro but the line was so long it extended out of the queue and it was 2 hours+ so we passed (longest line I've ever seen on Nitro) . We headed to El Toro and amazingly it was nearly a walk-on with a 10-15 minute wait, and I even sat in the second row. We went to Zumanjaro at around 1 after returning to the car, and the line was relatively short but capacity was such a nightmare that it didn't even move an inch for 30 minutes. Now, here's where everything went downhill. Kingda Ka was broken down so we had headed to Zumanjaro, but we left after 30 minutes. We were walking out of the enormous queue when I heard Kingda Ka's horn sound and saw a launch for the first time in a while. My brother and I stormed as fast as we could to the line, and we got in. The ride broke down in total 8 times (in one day) and it was the blue train causing problems. It broke down 3 times in the actual queue. When we finally got into the station after 2 hours 30 minutes (I did NOT want to leave without going on Kingda Ka), it broke down 5 more times. Also, there was a whole fiasco where a bunch of teens line cut, and two adults reported it, and security got involved and they were (thankfully) kicked out of the park. After, a HUGE group of people started walking through the exit into the middle of the station, and the operators let them get on the ride. I know it wasn't flash pass, because there were people with the flash pass right next to us, and the flash pass line was through the entrance. I saw each person give the operator a blue slip, and simply get on the ride, some of them riding multiple times. Someone told me it was a disability paper, but I doubt that was the case as the entire station platform was taken up by teenagers and even little kids. I only saw 2 people with canes all day in that area actually. The people in line with me were as frustrated and emotional as we were, so every time the ride was repaired, people cheered. But when the people who came from the exit boarded the trains, the entire station erupted in boos. It was like something on TV. After 3 hrs 30 mins in the station, 5 hours total (I was a bit too persistent, I admit) we finally got on the blue trains which they had just repaired. We got on the launch track and the brake fins retracted and the train slid back to the catch car for about 3 seconds, then the brake fins went up again. We were there for like 5 minutes, and they rolled us back to the station to get on the orange train. The launch felt much faster than usual though for some reason. After that it was like 7:00 and we were going to go on Nitro, but the line was still 2 hours long and so was pretty much every other ride. It was absolutely crowded. We decided to leave, and my legs still ache from standing in line. Today was more like Six Flags Wait Adventure to me.

That's a shame to hear how many times Kingda Ka broke down and how long you waited in the station. I'm glad the ride was open long enough for you to at least ride the coaster after that wait.

Sorry for double posting, but I heard someone mention this thing called an exit pass during the queue and they said that is what the people who came from the exit used. I looked it up and apparently it is basically a "cut to the front of the line" pass if you are disabled or if you got stuck on a ride. Suddenly, the whole situation makes sense. There were a LOT of people who got stuck on the launch track, myself included, who simply left the ride and came back later with the papers. In my case, I didn't leave and they allowed everyone on my train to get off and ride the orange train on the other station (it was weird being in the left station, which hasn't been used in ages).