VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

What are your Great Adventure opening plans?

29yrswithaGApass

28 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be going to Great Adventure as soon as it opens?

• Yes, I'll be there on April 3rd - opening day!
    • Yes, I'll be there at some point between April 3 to 5 - opening weekend.
    • Yes, I'll be there at some point during the first week or so - April 3 to 12.
    • No, I won't be going until later in the season.
    • No, I won't be going to Great Adventure this year.

I'm planning on going April 5th. The last time I went on opening day was in 2012 on the Thursday before Easter and the park was very crowded (30 minutes for Runaway Mine Train to give an idea of crowd levels) and with it being a Friday with almost all schools closed, I am expecting it to be very crowded again. Most other years since getting a season pass I usually go on the Sunday of opening weekend and crowds are usually low and with it being Easter I expect crowds to be very low, especially in the earlier part of the day.

I am probably going to start the season with Kingda Ka since I normally select that as my first Great Adventure coaster ride of the year and couldn't last year.

We are on the fence in my house. Opening day or Easter. I was thinking opening day but I was there one Easter to renew our passes and the park was empty. It seems like a good choice. The weather may help me decide also.

First ride for me and my girls is normally the tea cups. Get a good spin in and move on.

Counting the days to April 3! Most likely will go on the Safari first. That seems to be a tradition for us going back to the days when it was a drive thru. We always use to hit it before the theme park opened for the day.

See you at SORA maybe!

Im expecting to go sometime during the week that it is open, depending on when i have off of work

I probably wont go on Friday, as I have a half day at school. But I will definitely be there opening weekend! I plan to ride Zumanjaro first as I've only tried it once, definitely hitting the big 3 (KK, Nitro, El Toro), then going on the B&M loopers. Im especially going to ride Batman a lot since it may be backwards for a while after that!

I was planning on going April 5th, but now we might be going to visit my Dad down in Virginia that weekend. If we do, might stop by Six Flags America on April 6th instead. It will feel weird because my daughter and I ended up going to SFA on their last day and now we might be starting off at SFA 1st before going to Gadv.

I'd love to go during opening weekend...however my husband is having surgery (ahem, no more kids for us)...and I doubt he'll be wanting to walk around the park that weekend ;-)
Maybe I'll just take my 2 older kids with me.

Edited by hollyferry

I have no idea what i'm doing. Last year was a complete bust. I only went maybe 10 times. Normally its over 20 times! I am off that monday so i might go sunday? i just don't know.

I'll be going twice this week, so Im probably going to marathon every ride, especially Batman. I also want to focus on Zumanjaro since I've only went on once late in the season and I absolutely loved it. A 400+ ft drop tower might sound like a gimmick, but it's really not and it makes a difference! Just a few days left to go!

They shouldn't. They aren't really a group anymore and I don't think they left a good impression on the park. However 'vine Stars' will be having a concert during the summer in the batman stunt arena. That day will probably be crazy. VIP tickets are already sold out.

It shouldn't be that crowdwed, especially earlier in the day. I went last year on Easter and my longest wait was 20 minutes for Batman. Before that I went in 2011 and the longest wait was around 30 minutes for the Log Flume since it was around 80 degrees out.