VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

If Superman Got Stuck?

ReptileGuy

I know this is a stupid question, and is probably in the wrong thread, but what would happen if superman got stuck? How would the riders get out of the ride and harnesses.

Atleast if it got stuck on the lift hill, there is probably a manual or emergency way to operate the lift.

But what if it got stuck somewhere along the track?

I know this is unlikely and probably a stupid question, but i have never seen the ride stuck, and dont know what they would do if it happened.

The odds of the train getting stuck anywhere on the track except the station, lift hill or brake runs (after heartline roll and before station) are very small since something like a wheel assembly would have to break off. I can't remember it happening to any B&M coaster.

My guess is if if it were to happen somewhere in the middle of the ride, they would have to manually lower the seats and manually unlock each restraint and use something like a cherry picker.

Don't know about the lift, but I've been stuck in the brakes before for about 20 minutes before they came out and got us off the ride. They come out with a crank looking tool and lower each row of seats individually. Then they release the harnesses using another tool if I remember correctly.

As for the lift--there's a platform that moves up and down the lift, like the ones on Batman, but larger since there's no floor at all. The ride operators would move the platform under your row, detach the catwalk handrails, then let you out. And by "let you out", I mean they use the tool to unlock the restraint, as they're laying underneath you, and they catch you as you fall on top of them. Fun stuff.