VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Serious crash on Alton Towers "Smiler"

Railer

I always wanted to ride one of these style Coasters, but now i'm glad we never got one.

http://7online.com/news/four-seriously-injured-in-roller-coaster-crash/762478/

Here's a vid that has the 2 train's second's after the Crash, and they are still in motion, you can hear the scream's. Report's now are saying the 4 teen's in the 1st row had their Legs crushed, and one of them has died. That is not confirmed yet by British Authorities.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dvwy5W6VhA&feature=youtu.be

Better angle second's after the crash.

Reports say that one person even lost his leg, but of course this isn't confirmed. This is a tragedy, and I hope everyone recovers. I'm still not sure why the block system allowed this to happen, or if it was human error. This coaster has had problems before, including valleying frequently.

Yeah, they were saying that all 4 in the 1st car had their Legs totally crushed, but the ones in the 3 back cars were pretty much fine. I'm surprised the sensors didn't stop the 2nd Train, when the 1st one "valleyed" even. With 2 lift's and the block's it should of held the 2nd Train up when the 1st one didn't make it to the next sensor along the course.

^ Would make sense since the 2nd Train was the 1st one with Guest's after it was closed for a little while earlier in the day. Other Guest's that were interviewed about the crash said that they had rode it earlier in the day, then it closed, and as soon as it opened the crash occured. "Human error" is alomost always the culprit, safety systems usually don't mistakes, but it can happen if there is a failure of some sort