VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Saturday, July 18 -- TR and reflections on my first visit in a few years

pashacar

Doesn't that feel a little backwards?

By leaving the park and coming back, I was able to see it with a pair of fresh eyes, and notice details and trends that someone visiting more frequently might overlook, because things change less between visits.

I agree with you pashacar. I think maybe Railer was referring to anyone who doesn't visit the park at all and not your recent visit and take on things. Railer, correct me if I am wrong.

Yes correct 29yrs. I mean when we get alot of negative comments based from only other's opinions, and they have not actually been in the park ever, or have not been there in a really long time. I mean there are people on all social media sites that just bash any Six Flags Park, and don't visit them at all anymore, but trash them like they do. Trip report's from a Guest who has not been there in a long time, and makes a return visit are very valid. They show me things now, that may have slipped by me gradually, that i don't notice as much. I always take them in. I had a span starting in 91' (when i turned 21) of about 5 or 6yrs (travelled, went to other Parks) i didn't come to Great Adventure, and remember all the changes.

While i have not been to park since 2010, and have no plan to go back at all, I still have friends who work their and or go to the park and Before Railer (Rich Petrillo)says something about me criticizing the park and not having visited i would rather spend my money on trips to Dorney, Hershey, Disney and or Cedar Fair Parks. Its seems to me all the park/company care about is nickel and dimming the crap out of their customer while cutting cost and adding crap rides (aka Carnival). Also dont give the BS story that they have focused on infrustrature work or that their fucus this year is on that god awful idea of holiday in the park. the true reason is that Jame Reid Anderson and John Fitzgerald are just money hungry businessmen. Also look at John Fitzgerald past history with running (destroying) parks, 2 out the 3 most recent parks he ran have gone out of business under his watchful eye and that just proves that he is the wrong man for job. We are watching him destroy another park with dumb ideas and increasing prices. As has been stated he is nothing more then a yes man for the CEO.

• Like 1

Well I'm happy with the park and enjoy the changes as they come. I loved the park in the 70's and 80's but if that was the park today the doors would be locked with the park out of business. To say management are money hungry businessmen is kind of obvious. It is a business and has to turn a profit and the profit should be more each year, Oh I don't know one theme/amusement park that doesn't nickel and dime. Disney is a fantastic park but also the biggest nickel and dimer. Disney will even add money to your bill and hope you don't dispute it. If you do they cant tell you what its for and will remove it for you. When you go to Disney check your bills and receipts.

People can bash anything they want all day long. I just don't understand why anyone, about anything in life really, not just a Theme Park post's negative stuff about something they don't do anymore. I mean you just said you never plan on coming back and haven't been in year's. And they are valid gripes even, i don't disagree with any of it really, I just know in life i have much better thing's to do than complain about thing's i don't do anymore, and it show's me what kind of person is commenting that does that. If i don't like something, i don't even waste "thought" on it.

• Like 2

People can bash anything they want all day long. I just don't understand why anyone, about anything in life really, not just a Theme Park post's negative stuff about something they don't do anymore. I mean you just said you never plan on coming back and haven't been in year's. And they are valid gripes even, i don't disagree with any of it really, I just know in life i have much better thing's to do than complain about thing's i don't do anymore, and it show's me what kind of person is commenting that does that. If i don't like something, i don't even waste "thought" on it.

If what you call "complaining about things they don't do anymore" requires justification, let me offer a few possibilities. Perhaps, these people would like management to know the reasons that they have lost a customer, with the hope that management might reconsider its behavior and not continue to make mistakes (yes, losing customers is a mistake) that cause it customers. Or, maybe they want customers who value the same things that they do, to not have to spend money on something that they know will very likely disappoint them. Perhaps that is the kind of person that does that.

Daved, every time a topic like this gets hijacked with rants about what is wrong, I have kindly requested that you start a thread on how you would improve things. I have done that numerous times over the years and still you have never started a constructive topic on what you think they should do to fix what you view is wrong. Instead, you continue to bash without any suggestions or remedies. Why?

• Like 3

Then tell management. Why on a fansite that management may read occasionally. If that is your reason why, it's pretty stupid to keep doing it here since you say yourself nothing has changed for year's, and yet you keep trying to change it the same way by bashing it here for years. I just have more better thing's to do in "real" life than alot of these Coaster people do. I don't go to Theme parks all over, i grew up in Great Adventure that's the only Park i care about. I've never been a "coaster counting" kind of person, that's all pretty stupid to me.

Daved, every time a topic like this gets hijacked with rants about what is wrong, I have kindly requested that you start a thread on how you would improve things. I have done that numerous times over the years and still you have never started a constructive topic on what you think they should do to fix what you view is wrong. Instead, you continue to bash without any suggestions or remedies. Why?

Harry, why is it that when I defend someone else who may also feel the way I do (as was the case with my most recent post), I have suddenly hijacked the post. The topic here, "July 18--TR and reflections on my first visit in a few years" is the subject, and my very first post on this topic thanked the poster and stated my support for what he was saying. My last post gave support to another person who indicated reasons he no longer visits GA, despite myself never having said I wouldn't visit the park again. How is it that I have hijacked the topic?

I'm starting to feel that if it's negative, we are supposed to turn it into a positive. The very first post did not portray the poster's visit as a positive one, yet somehow I have gone and hijacked the post in a negative way. If you'd prefer that I keep my opinions to myself, for whatever your reasons may be, let me know and I certainly will comply. If, however, you're asking me to do so simply to keep the discussion moving in a positive direction, I have to ask if that's really what's meant by the term "discussion."

When you only post and constantly complain about the negatives with no regard whatsoever to the positives, it becomes difficult to tolerate and completely unenjoyable, one-sided "discussion." Nobody is asking you to only talk about the positives or to turn negatives into positives, we're just tired of your hateful, disruptive attitude about the park.

Daved, that is what you got out of that? Wow.

This site is a Great Adventure fan site that for the most part likes to share and discuss the park in a positive way. Negative comments are welcomed, but if you feel the need to bring up the same points at every opportunity that presents itself for venting, consolidate them into one topic. This way other conversations can stay on topic (not just this topic) and you can have a central platform to make your case.

If this all sounds familiar, it is familiar. I have said it again and again but never see any actions on your part. Last time... there is an area of our forums called "If I ran the Park". That is where you should concentrate your energies for "concerns" AND your solutions.

Will do. And, apparently, I should also refrain from agreeing with any subject that is posted here that may be considered negative as I will be perceived as having hijacked the post. God forbid anyone contribute to any possibility that something about Great Adventure be misconstrued as negative.