VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

8/20/15

SFGadv123

Decided to go to the park today for a few hours. Was only my second trip this year (way lower than usual)

Got to the park at 1030 and it wasn't busy at all, and there was no cars backed up to get in. When I first got there Kingda Ka/Zumanjaro were closed so we headed to El Toro with no wait and we got to ride twice.

We wanted to go on Bizarro but it was closed and I don't think it ever opened when I was there. We then went on the Log Flume with no wait.

Next we wanted to take the sky ride but when we walked up they said they were closing it due to high winds.

We saw KK start running so we went over there and there was only about a 5 minute wait. However, Zumanjaro was still closed.

We then went over to Nitro which had a line all the way to the 60 minute sign (my guess is everyone went to that side of the park first since a lot of the left side was closed when the park opened). The line went much slower than usual because they were taking long to dispatch trains. Almost every time all 3 trains would be waiting at the station. Not sure why they were taking so long today. Also 3 people walked passed us in line and we said something to them about how they were cutting and they replied "no were not we were here before". I mean just because you were there before doesn't mean it's still your spot. 1 person going ahead I am fine with but 3 is annoying.

It was 1pm so we decided to go home since it was very hot when the sun was out plus I had a headache. Green Lantern and Superman both had really long lines that looked to be around an hour.

Ride count:

El Toro 2x

Nitro 1x

Log Flume 1x

Kingda Ka 1x

Sounds like the beginning of the day was good for short lines. I haven't been to the park in a month and was considering going sometime over the past few days but the weather scared me away. I can somewhat deal with the hot weather but the humidity combined with the hot weather is too much for me.