VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Twisted Mayhem of THE JOKER Unleashed

29yrswithaGApass

I was gonna reschedule some work today for joker. Would have been disappointed. Hope it's back up soon. My wife and some of the kids went today. They said it was very busy. Little surprised about that for a Thursday.

I was at the park today hoping to ride THE JOKER. I was even picked up from school, and I missed a very important test. So here's my trip report on one of the most annoying trips I've ever been on, but before I start, I understand its a new ride, but the park can't at least put something out that the ride could be closed? Anyway here it is...

I got to the park around 3:10 and headed straight to Joker to see that there was suprisingly still a group of people waiting for it to open. I thought, "wasn't it supposed to open like 15 minutes ago?" So I waited. I waited for about 15 more minutes till 3:30, still hasnt open, then I started to wonder if NJ STILL hadnt approved the ride. I know NJ is strict, but come on Six Flags, you couldnt have had them approve it a few hours before, or even a day before!! Then, John Fitzgerald comes over to us and the first thing he says is bad news, and i thought we would just have to wait a few more hours, no biggie could just ride Toro and Ka, but no, he says that the ride will not open at all today. I was pretty darn furious because not only had i missed some school, I had straight up just drove up for no reason at all. The park gave no warning at all and all the gave us was an exit pass for the ride. Sure that will work out in the future but I was still furious because I was extremely hyped to ride this. Anyway, so once I got my exit pass and left, I went over to the log flume. That was down for about 30 minutes too!!! Then I went over to Toro, that was down for around 20 minutes, plus an 80 minute line!!!! After that I decided to leave because the park was packed with schools and my luck was absolutely terrible for that day. The park was suprisingly packed for a Thursday! Anyway, Im just furious that I pretty much wasted my Thursday afternoon! Hopefully I can make it back out this weekend and try THE JOKER!

In the parks defense they didn't plan on having riders break it.... It was running fine during the commercial shoots( i can finally speak of this) and the breakdown was caused by riders trying to flip or rock their seats as the train was pulling into the which caused a guide wheel(is what I'm gonna call it) that is supposed to slide onto/into a railing to not line up correctly and miss it causing it to get stuck. Normally it slides in there to prevent rocking on the breaks/in the station and it just missed it.

It was probably good to run but the park and engineers wanted to make sure it was 100% good to run.

It couldn't have happened on a more staffed day, S&S was there, as well as the SF engineer.

Hmm. I thought that was part of the appeal to be able to rock it to get more flips in. I sure would have tried too. I realize it was at the end but seems like they can fix the flux capacitor and get this rolling again.

^Rocking does get you more flips if you time it right, just on the break run isn't the right spot like you said lol. Im sure it was just some freak mishap. I just hope this doesn't cause them to decrease the spinning because it was honestly spinning a good amount that I didnt want no more or no less.

I was at the park from opening till 1:30, when I had to leave. KK, didn't open at park opening. Still got a walk on front row on Toro. By the time my train got back into the station it was already jammed. It was getting hot so I rode the flume once. At this time I noticed a NJ State Trooper copter buzzing around the park, then I saw it had a sniper hanging out the side with his rifle clearly sticking out, seems really overboard to me as well as unnerving. Then I rode the safari ride, walk on too, but by the time I got back it had a long line. Then rode Runaway and Jolly Rodger. Tried Skull Mt and skipped it because it had the longest line I had seen for it in many years. Went over to Joker and was told it would not open until 3, so I left. Even after 1, there were still buses pulling in, dumping hordes of school kids.

^ I hope it's less crowded tomorrow while I'm there. I'm wondering what was up with that state trooper helicopter, seeing that would scare me too. Was security that tight during past media days?

Edited by RC98

For the commercial shoots i got about ~50 total between the two days.

Sounds like a stomach ache to me XD

Do you think they'll figure out a way that even if people try to rock it at the end, it won't mess up the ride? Or will this happen a lot? Because even if they put a sign, Six Flags' guests won't care.

The people who are being blamed for rocking the cars and causing a malfunction claim they didn't rock the car. That the cars weigh too much for someone to do that, it's on over at Coaster Fusion. They said the park told them that one of the brakes wasn't bolted down right.

Edited by The Master

I was at the park today hoping to ride THE JOKER. I was even picked up from school, and I missed a very important test.

Seems like common sense but maybe you shouldn't have skipped school and missed a "very important test"??

The ride will be there for quite some time. With plenty of opportunities to ride. </parent mode>

All trains are being set to the Medium Spin setting to attempt to avoid the issue in the future. (There were Low/Med/High trains)

The ride variation (# spins) will be limited until they have time to address the high setting issue.

Friday (5/27) is School Safety Patrol day...so I would expect the crowds to be large during the day but most won't have season passes.

Do you guys know which of the trains have the Low, Medium, and High settings? I'm going to try and get on the the car that's on the green side, and the farthest on the right, when you're standing in the station, because it seems to only flip about 4 times.

I was on the train that got "stuck." It wasn't nearly as bad as all the media is making it out to be. They let me off within 2 minutes, and the guys from Coaster Fusion a few short minutes later.

I was able to get about 10 rides in, mostly for the morning news and on the purple side. It's an incredibly fun ride. Perfect pace, and it is a good length. You're spinning the entire time. I believe the green side facing the operator booth is the best/craziest seat, but that's the only one I actually didn't get to ride.

I read over on theme park reviews forums that it's closed again and they cleared the queue. Was just about to head down there but not gonna bother now.

When I left it was down but still had people in the queue. Must've cleared it after.

My kids opted in for HH tomorrow instead of Joker. I know, I can't believe it either. Hopefully the masses are drawn to GA instead of HH but I imagine both will be jam packed. Hoping to sneak over around 6 to get in line. Looks like a fantastic ride.