VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

9/13/15

SFGadv123

I took a quick stop by the park today. It was just my 3rd trip the the park this year (not including HH). We got to the park at about 1145am and the lot was already packed. The lines to get in were long but only took a few minutes.

Once we got in we headed to Nitro which surprisingly didn't have as long of a line as I thought it would. The line was between the 30 and 60 minute signs. The line moved very quick because the dispatches were going great, The ride was being run really well and most of the time had no stacking of trains.

After Nitro we took the skyride over to the other side of the park. The line took about a half hour, which was long because the line wasn't actually that bad.

Once over there we went to El Toro. The entire first switchbacks were filled and the ride operator was telling people it was 45 minutes. However, the line was constantly moving as they were also dispatching very fast for this ride. We were able to get on back row in about 25 minutes.

It was almost 230 and it looked like rain was coming so we headed home. Right as we were leaving the parking lot it started to pour and continued for a while.

Overall, the trip was alright. There were large crowds but the ride operations were some of the best I had seen in a while so that made it a pretty good trip. Not sure i'll be making it out to the park again for a while, but I sure hope I do.

I was there as well. I came at around 3:30 and despite the rain it was still very crowded. I waited 2 hours 30 minutes for Kingda Ka, 30 minutes for El Toro, and 15 for Nitro. Also there was some night-time ERT event that I couldn't attend because you needed some yellow wristband that none of the employees knew how to get. It kinda pissed me off but whatever. It was a so-so visit altogether. Definitely not the most crowded day I've seen all year

I think it was a combination of bad weather yesterday with many people who would have gone on Saturday going to the park on Sunday instead, bring a friend free and a lot of kids off from school on Monday.

I think it was a combination of bad weather yesterday with many people who would have gone on Saturday going to the park on Sunday instead, bring a friend free and a lot of kids off from school on Monday.

I agree with you. Was supposed to go with my son on Sunday but after the rain on Saturday, I thought the park would be crowded more than normal for a Sunday.

I waited on line for SkyScreamer for almost an hour or more because one of the ride attendants didn't know what the hell he was doing! It was like he was so stressed out and couldn't count out the correct amount of people and couldn't do his job. Usually they do 16 on one side and 16 on the other. He just had a lot of people go to the left side of where you go onto the swings. He didn't even come around to check on the belts and whatnot. That was for one of the other female ride attendants and a supervisor. I've never worked at Great Adventure in my life, but that was the most horrible ride operations I've ever seen in the 33 years I've been going to the park. I waited maybe 1 hour for Namtab, 20 minutes for Dark Knight, 20 minutes for Bizarro and about 45 minutes for Green Lantern (when we got there, GL was down due to technical difficulties)....so my dad and I decided to wait for it. When it finally opened, we waited maybe 2 trains for the front.

Edited by Yoshi
Language