VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

11/29/15

Yoshi

I wasn't able to get to the park on Friday or Saturday and even though it was around 20 degrees cooler on Sunday, I hoped that might keep the lines shorter (even though at the same time I want attendance to be good so they continue Holiday in the Park for future years).

Getting to the park at around 1:30, I went to Green Lantern first and walked onto row 5 and re-rode in row 6. On the 2nd ride the Green Lantern Oath was playing that I haven't heard in a few months.

Superman Ultimate Flight was next with no wait for the last row. I was able to re-ride 2 more times just having to change rows. This is the first time this season I have ridden the coaster more than once in the same day and my 3rd ride ended up being my 100th overall Superman Ultimate Flight ride. I have liked the coaster a lot more this season. The past few years I only went to the coaster a few times a year and this season I try to ride the coaster every trip unless the line is bad.

Skull Mountain was next with no wait for the last row and like the other coasters I re-rode moving to the 6th car.

Nitro's station was half empty and it was only a 2 train wait for the front that I took advantage of since I normally am not willing to wait an extra 3 - 5 trains or more for the front. After moving to other rows and getting 4 total rides I went to Batman and walked onto a middle row. I am glad to have Batman running forwards again.

The Dark Knight had a 1/3 full pre-show room and I was also able to get a re-ride here.

After Batman, it was back to Nitro for another 4 rides having to walk around a few times and then to Skull Mountain for 2 more rides.

I haven't ridden SkyScreamer since June and went there next. It was really cold at the top but the view was amazing with the lights all over the park. I got back in line for a 2nd ride.

It was time for Nitro yet again 2 more times bringing my total up to 10 rides for the day. I wanted to ride 2 more times to break my record of 11 Nitro rides in 1 day but the cold was starting to get to me and I decided to go back to The Dark Knight for 1 more ride and leave since I was happy getting 25 rides in a little under 5 hours.

On the way out of the park I stopped to watch the fiber optic Christmas Tree Show and it was amazing, I felt like it was something you would see in a Disney park.

The park looks incredible with all the lights and decorations. It was great to just look in one direction and see lights everywhere. In between the rides I walked around the park to see everything.

Some of the pictures are from last week. I didn't post a report from last week since my internet was down for a few days and I didn't want to type up a report or try to post pictures from my phone.

IMG_7915_zpscgpigaco.jpg

IMG_7919_zpspnarpsv5.jpg

IMG_7923_zpsblllfm3b.jpg

IMG_7928_zpsecdgczhg.jpg

I really liked the lights on the Carousel

IMG_7930_zpspjqgom5y.jpg

IMG_7947_zpshplq09f3.jpg

IMG_7951_zps2sayjn16.jpg

IMG_7954_zpskayalsyp.jpg

IMG_7961_zps1yjp8edf.jpg

IMG_7968_zps2mn7cspv.jpg

IMG_7991_zpslqal3byq.jpg

The closest I will get to riding Batman & Robin The Chiller

IMG_7994_zpsleuqt673.jpg

Nice report! The first time I saw the tree I thought of Disney too - in particular the big globe in Illuminations at EPCOT. If you look at the pictures they could almost pass for an early spring trip report taken at dusk. The skies look very similar and luckily the weather has been pretty comparable too.

Was the photo of the shop window with the mailbox taken at the Ice Works near Chiller? It is nice to see that they have spread the decorations around the park with little surprises like that.

Thanks

Yes the photo was at Ice Works. I didn't realize there was going to be anything in that area until I walked right up to it because it was near the dead end fence and not many people seemed to notice the display.