VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

12/6/15

Mrpq

Ok, so finally made it out to the park today and took advantage of some amazing weather. I know other people have been posting their trip reports but I figured I'd give my view on things since I haven't been to the park in probably since Sky Screamer was first built. Just going to run down the list in real order so bare with me

Took the trip with my brother and his gf, got there around 1:30. Parking lot was not as crowded as I thought it would be considering the weather was so nice. Went up to the gates and forgot that visiting the park is like a trip to the air port as far as security goes. We decided to hit all the coaster first

superman- this is a coaster I almost always skip because the line is just way to long. Not today, walked right on. Went for the back row and oh man did I forget how forceful it was when going through the pretzel loop. One train operation but the guy in the station had their game faces on and got the train in and out with nascar pit crew speed...... Now the negative, this coaster needs some TLC as far as paint and upkeep on looks. The gates for that line the pathways NEED WORK BADLY. They look terrible! The barbed wire fence around the Lowe sections of coaster track are all mangled. Not even sure why or how the barbed wire got so twisted and falling down, not like people are jumping that fence. Also, the "restricted area" signs every ten feet is a bit much. Other that, as a coaster it's good, deffentelty the smoothest of the day. I only road the once, my brother and his gf got back on before we left for the night

Green lantern- what's to say, we all pretty much feel the same way. Once was enought for me.

Batman- again, crew in the station, great job. One train operation. Trains in and out with no issues. This again was walk on, road it that once early afternoon then went back to it at night and got 4 rides in a row just moving to empty seats, 2 of those rides where front row, that's how empty the station was. I forget how forceful this ride is, it seems crazier ever time I visit the park. No real complaints over here as far as roughness or upkeep. Same as usual to me

Nitro- yet agai,, crew in the station, great job. Two train operation. Earlier in the day it was a one train wait, later on at night one train wait and then was able to move to a different row and got two rides in a row in. Now this coaster is deffentelty getting rougher, and it's worse depending on where you sit and what train. Other then that, I've said it before and I'll say it again, she needs some paint.

Skull Mountain- WAS running two trains, but when we where in line they only loaded one due to someone's lunch ending up on one of the trains seats. We waited on line probably for 4 train loads before we got on. This coaster has also deffentelty got rougher since I last road.

Batman: Dark Night.- no real wait, got in watch the pre show got on. Fun coaster to kill time as long as the line isn't long.

Big Wheel: one motor is still missing

Total Mayhem - I got a view while on big wheel and it seems a lot of footer work is going on on the other side of the fence. Lots of supports over in the back by Batman.

Fire pits- really cool idea, I always love me a fire pit. Do we think they just stacked bricks on top of what was there or they covered the floor? If not there will probably be some burn marks later on

Parachutes- closed

Sky Screamer- went for a ride. Not going to lie got me a little dizzy. They must also have a real issue with people and cell phones on this ride, the operator was very clear about the no cell phone rule.

Food

The pub that was right by the tree, service, painfully slow. Not even sure was was going on but the manager that was there must have woke up on the wrong side of the bed. He was nice to the customers but as soon as he turned around and talked to the works, oh man look out, very nasty. Food was pretty good though, had Mac n cheese pulled pork bowl.

THE TREE- AMAZING. I thought it was very cool and well done.

Parking lot, needs a paving, bad

As a whole I thought the park was nice, they did a good. Now if they base having it next year solely on crowds I think we are in trouble. Even my brother said, "if it's empty like this every day they are open you think they will have it next year?" And I ask my self the same question. Honestly I think I am going to have to say they after going to Hersehy last weekend, that I thought Hershey was a bit nicer. One, you can't beat the price, $18.00 is a deal. Great adventure gets you for $50 on line and if you buy at the park it's $70!!!!. For $70 bucks I expect that park to be in top notch shape and it isn't, sadly. Lots of things need attention, like I mentioned about the gates at Superman and that's not the only

Quick notes

-Fenced of area in parking lot for trailer, PACKED with trailers

-lift hill lights on Bizaro and El Toro where on. Are the coaster lift lights all on year round even when the park is closed?

Sorry if this trip report comes off as me having a bad time at the park, I really didn't. I had a great time, I just think some things need to be worked on.

Ended up leaving around 7:30

Oh and when the sun went down, Nitro, COLD lol

Edited by Mrpq

I agree about Nitro being cold at night. The last couple of trips I have only gotten a few laps later in the day and tried to get most of the rides in while it was warmer earlier in the day. The C train seems to be smoother than the B train.

I didn't know the gate price at the park was $70 (I thought it was $50 both online and at the park). It is probably their way of trying to get people to buy a season pass since it's the same price as a 1 day admission if you buy 2 or more season passes.

Food

The pub that was right by the tree, service, painfully slow. Not even sure was was going on but the manager that was there must have woke up on the wrong side of the bed. He was nice to the customers but as soon as he turned around and talked to the works, oh man look out, very nasty. Food was pretty good though, had Mac n cheese pulled pork bowl.

I noticed that too! We were upset by it, especially because the employee he yelled at loudest had just helped us and was going above and beyond in terms of courtesy and efficiency the whole (yes, painfully long) time we were in line. Balding, middle aged guy in a black polo? And he had one of those "Service Superstar" tags on top of his name!

I'm planning to write a comment to the park praising the one employee and letting them know about the conduct of this manager. We'll see what they say.

nice trip report. the only thing I have found disappointing the few trips I have made it out to HITP has been the food service. the food service has been long lines and slow service. sat night it took over 45 min to order and get my bacon cheeseburger. and grannys has been just as bad if you walk in the wront time. oh well. other then that, the park has done a fantastic job

I think it's a combination of being shorthanded on food employees, new employees and all the hot chocolate mugs that are being sold. I went to the pizza place near Nitro for dinner and they had 1 register open and that same person taking the orders was also refilling the hot chocolate dispenser in between customers. On the way out of the park I wanted to get a snack to take home and the snack stand in Adventure Alley had a line of at least 15 people many of which had the mugs. I ended up going to the Coke Freestyle building where there were a lot less people.

yeah as far as service went, food was definitely the low point. It was a good time was walked in because by the time we got our food the line was almost out the door. We walked in with one guy ordering a feast in front of us

• 2 weeks later...

.Sorry if this comes of as me being kind of a butt hole and I meant to bring this up in my trip report after my last visit to the park BUT.

I feel people should have to take a test before they enter the park. I am a people watcher and watching people at the park when I was there makes me have to think "why?"

Now this isnt for EVERYONE but most people. Ill make a quick list of some offenders

-People walk around like they are the only people there expecting everyone to get out of the way

-Parents with little kids seem to just not care about their childs well being. For example while on line for Skull Mountain, there was a family in line, dad was by his daughter, couldn't be older then 6. This girl was climbing all over the railings and because of her size she was able to push the air gates open just enough to squeeze between them and go out onto the platform. The father just stood there like it was normal. Granted the ride ops should have said something, they didn't.

-Do "Restricted Area" signs really need to be placed every ten feet? If you are a person who needs to be reminded that often, you do not belong in the park.

-Cutting in front in line, Seems to be normal practice. Even if you are walking to meet someone at least say excuse me, don't go rushing through people almost knocking them over.

I am 28 and by no means an "angrey old man" but these were just some things that stood out at me. IS it just me or are you guys noticing the same more and more?

Edited by jdc12192
Merged with your TR.
  • Like 1

For the restricted areas signs, it is probably to try to protect them for a lawsuit. When that kid climbed the fence at Batman at SFOG and was killed I think one of the complaints for the family was that the fences were too low and there weren't enough warning sings (I know common sense is to not climb a fence into a coaster area in the first place).

Thanks man, I don't know why I didn't think to just put it here lol

Not a problem! I was actually on the fence about leaving it as its own topic since it could probably turn into a whole guest behavior topic on its own, but for now it'll live here and can always be switched.

But no its not you, i have most of the same feelings. It could be since its a trip or a vacation for some families, they enter the park and instantly get the care free and for some, entitled attitude. The best part is, even with all the 'Do not enter' and restricted area signs, it still means nothing to most people. Now that the tail end of movie town is blocked off at TWO spots so you can no longer get to showcase that way, people still look at, read, and ignore the 'Do not enter" sings on the fence and still walk right behind them, and some even move the fence out of the way.

Not a problem! I was actually on the fence about leaving it as its own topic since it could probably turn into a whole guest behavior topic on its own, but for now it'll live here and can always be switched.

But no its not you, i have most of the same feelings. It could be since its a trip or a vacation for some families, they enter the park and instantly get the care free and for some, entitled attitude. The best part is, even with all the 'Do not enter' and restricted area signs, it still means nothing to most people. Now that the tail end of movie town is blocked off at TWO spots so you can no longer get to showcase that way, people still look at, read, and ignore the 'Do not enter" sings on the fence and still walk right behind them, and some even move the fence out of the way.

well I know when I was there we walked towards the theater to get to batman and when we go to the theater we realized you couldn't get that way so we had to walk all the way back around. We missed the sign that said "this is not a pathway" because it was stuffed behind a tree

I like that Old Country reopened for this event, despite the fact I didn't checked it out and I hope they reopen that area by the end of the decade. I went over to where The Chiller was at, and it felt very sad to see two sections of the park abandoned.