VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

12/20/15

Yoshi

Today was like the opposite of my trip to the park last week. 30 degrees cooler and hardly anyone there the entire day.

I got there at around 1:45 and saw Superman was closed with the train being transferred onto the tracks.

Sky Screamer was also closed so I went to Nitro with no wait. After 2 rides I went to Skull Mountain getting 3 rides in the last row without having to leave my seat.

Green Lantern had no wait for the last row and I was able to re-ride. Superman was still closed so I went to the Teacups. It was strange to see the arcade right nearby quiet with no flashing lights from the games.

Buccaneer had no wait and I got one of the top rows. When exiting the ride and hearing the pre-recorded boarding instructions for the next group of riders it mentioned there is no waiting for the top rows. I guess they need to update it because they now have the separate lines where one line is for the top rows and the other line is for the middle row.

It was back to Skull Mountain for 2 more rides and 1 at Batman. At The Dark Knight the horn at the end of the ride is working again and seemed louder than it used to be. With no one waiting I was able to get a re-ride here as well.

After 2 more Nitro rides where for the 3rd week in a row where they had to stop the lift because someone had their phone out, I saw Superman had opened and went back to the entrance. Row 7 had no wait and I was able to ride 3 times before each row had people waiting for it.

I went back to Skull Mountain again for 3 more rides with no wait, 2 of the 3 rides were in the last row.

Sky Screamer at night is even better than during the day with all the lights throughout the park.

It was time for more rides at Nitro and I waited 2 trains for the front. That was probably a mistake since it was 33 degrees according to my phone and the front row really is a lot colder compared to the other rows. I finished the trip with a re-ride in a middle row.

The park brought in some extra food trucks to deal with the long lines the regular food places get on busier days.

It was another great trip and we are down to the final 2 weeks of the season.

IMG_8112.JPG

IMG_8113.JPG

IMG_8116.JPG

Flash Pass was not being offered today with the booth closed.

IMG_8121.JPG

IMG_8123.JPG

IMG_8122.JPG

IMG_8128.JPG

Now I wished I went. Wanted to take my son but he got a concussion about a month ago so he is not ready for some head banging and some g-forces. Also I did not feel like going solo since the last few times I have been going by myself.

But I might be going this weekend with or without my kids...either Sat or Sun.

I hope he recovers soon.

If you go this weekend, it would be nice if the weather is ok. It is changing a lot, a few days ago they had rain scheduled for all final 9 operating days left except Wedensday. Thankfully that changed already to less rain.