VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

12/27/15

Yoshi

Yesterday was another day in December with warmer than usual weather. It was in the low 60's at opening. My sister was able to go with me to the park and I was looking forward to her seeing the park decorated.

It wasn't crowded at opening but more people were getting there earlier than normal with Superman having a full station at around 1:45, compared to the previous week when at around the same time I was able to ride 3 times in a row and I noticed the crowds were more focused on the rides this week compared to past weeks. By the middle of the afternoon Nitro's line was almost to the switchbacks even though the park itself wasn't that crowded.

I rode all the coasters once except Nitro and Skull Mountain twice plus a ride on Sky Screamer. We also went to Jolly Roger and Buccaneer.

We went to the 5:00 Jack Frost show getting there around 20 minutes early and there were still plenty of seats left. By showtime it got a lot more crowded. I thought the show was very well done with all 3 main acts cool, especially the misfit toys and the final act (I don't want to spoil it for anyone that hasn't seen it yet).

After sunset, the crowds were still mostly in the line rides. It was easier to walk around and the food lines were very short. We walked around the entire park to see all the lights and left at around 6:15.

IMG_8146.JPG

Blackbeard's with a section of track removed

IMG_8150.JPG

Footers in the ground

IMG_8153.JPG

plate1.jpg

Plate spinning

bottlewalker.jpg

Walking on bottles They moved near Gumdrop Hop later in the day.

IMG_8158.JPG

Sounds like a nice trip even with longer ride lines. You got some nice shots of things I didn't see in my trips. I never saw the plate spinning or the bottle walking. I assume that's only in the daylight.

Edited by scott

Sounds like a nice trip even with longer ride lines. You got some nice shots of things I didn't see in my trips. I never saw the plate spinning or the bottle walking. I assume that's only in the daylight.

I think they might have been new this week since I haven't seen them in any of my past trips during HITP. They were out at night with the same performance.

Nice report! Glad to see you and your sister had a good time.

Did you happen to notice if Santa took Mrs. Claus with him back to the North Pole or if she still has her storytime show?

Thanks

I am not 100% sure but I think the storytime show is still there. The props and chair were on the stage and I think I saw the show times board listed right outside the seating area.

I didn't see the show before Christmas but hearing that they skipped over stuff now makes sense, I was expecting that there would be more having to do with Christmas in the show.

It may have just been the one show I saw, not really sure.

The whole point of the show was for Jack Frost to get the first present of Christmas. In the show I just saw, they jokingly call it the last present of Christmas. It makes sense to call it that, but what I'm upset about is the manner in which they put no effort into their "acting".