VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Break in at Dorney Park.

The Master

It was on 6 ABC that 4 teens broke into Dorney at night on January 31st. They were caught on security cameras and even climbed up the 200 foot tall Dominantor, an S&S drop tower and stole a Dorney flag at the top, that is just crazy. The pictures the park released shows them playing with a control both, maybe Thunderhawk's, control booth since it is near the fence.

I think it is Steel Force's control booth.

Climbing Dominator's tower is unbelievable. I'm surprised they weren't caught, isn't there security 24/7 there? Even if they only have a few guards at night during the offseason it must have taken them a while to climb Dominator and I thought the top of the tower is lit or at least has the Dorney Park logo lit up.

Article and pictures here:

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/lehigh-county/index.ssf/2016/02/trespassers_play_capture_the_f.html

I think it is Steel Force's control booth.

Climbing Dominator's tower is unbelievable. I'm surprised they weren't caught, isn't there security 24/7 there? Even if they only have a few guards at night during the offseason it must have taken them a while to climb Dominator and I thought the top of the tower is lit or at least has the Dorney Park logo lit up.

Article and pictures here:

http://www.lehighvalleylive.com/lehigh-county/index.ssf/2016/02/trespassers_play_capture_the_f.html

They have two guards at night. one at the main parking lot entrance and one up in the water park over looking the whole park.

More security should guard Dorney Park knowing Allentown is a dangerous town

During the operating season they have decent security. All their guards get the same training that PA state troopers receive. Also some of Dorney's guards are armed with handguns. I wonder if the winter security are armed? They probably should be.

Edited by The Master

• 1 month later...

Does GA have overnight guards? I remember last season going to ERT on Zumajaro. Think it was about 9:30am. Upon entering golden kingdom we saw at least 10 guards dragging two teens that looked drunk out of there minds. I can only suspect they were playing around all nite.