VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Carnival Trip Report

Viper26

I don't know if posting a carnival trip report is okay on these forums. I know Theme Park Review allows trip reports from carnivals, but I am not part of their forums.

Anyway, there was an annual carnival that concluded in my area recently, so I attended on the night they sold the ride wristbands which meant I ended up going to their busiest night. However the lines were only one to two cycles long; about 5,000 people had to be crammed into a small parking lot. I went with some of my friends, which means I did not take any photos during the carnival.

Some of the rides include a Wipeout ride, a Pirate Ship with PTC buzz bar style restraints that were 10 inches above your knees, a merry-go-round, Scrambler ride, a Linus Launcher style ride, and a Wisdom Rides Dragon Wagon coaster that beat me up the whole ride. Ouch! Games include a typical Spyro-Mania water gun game, a one in wins basketball shoot game, etc (No Whack-A-Mole).

This carnival by experience was pretty unsafe as a ride operator took a cigarette break, I was able to ride the Scrambler without a seatbelt, and a swing ride was dismantled the day after I went because it dumped oil. There were some people even video taping on the rides and the ride operators didn't even care. I actually attempted to do video tape me and four friends riding the second to top row on the pirate ship knowing I won't be able to do so at Six Flags and about every theme park I will ever visit. That got cut about 10 seconds in as some kid behind me that I barely even know said that it is illegal to video tape rides. I listened to her despite being told by my friend not to do so. If I did video tape the whole ride, I wouldn't even be thrown out of the carnival because the employees are poorly trained and no security present.

I give the carnival a 5/10 because of how unsafe the rides were and some operations were slow especially on the Scrambler and Wipeout rides. But the advantages was that videotaping and listening to music on rides was kinda legal, and the Pirate Ship and Wipeout had a lot of airtime moments.

Posting a carnival trip report should be fine.

The questionable safety is why I'm kind of hesitant to go to a carnival. I used to go to carnivals when I was younger but not recently since I don't trust the rides and it's usually mostly all flat rides with maybe a small coaster.

Posting a carnival trip report should be fine.

The questionable safety is why I'm kind of hesitant to go to a carnival. I used to go to carnivals when I was younger but not recently since I don't trust the rides and it's usually mostly all flat rides with maybe a small coaster.

I wish major manufacturers such as Vekoma and Intamin could create large portable coasters and have them for American carnivals. Germany is lucky with Oktoberfest and the Olympia Looping coaster.

A carnival came to my town a couple of weeks ago with similar questionable safety. It confuses me that the same state that won't let Ka and Zumanjaro run together allows unsafe rides like these to operate without a problem. Wouldn't the state inspect each ride at the carnival before allowing it to run?

That Intamin traveling coaster actually looks really good, it's a shame it doesn't run anymore. I would love to see a portable coaster like Olympia Looping in the US.

Edited by RC98

A carnival came to my town a couple of weeks ago with similar questionable safety. It confuses me that the same state that won't let Ka and Zumanjaro run together allows unsafe rides like these to operate without a problem. Wouldn't the state inspect each ride at the carnival before allowing it to run?

I believe carnival rides need to be inspected every time they're transported and setup.