VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Funplex Trip Report Mt. Laurel

Viper26

Today was the second of two school trips I made, this time to the Funplex Mt. Laurel. This is my second time going, the first was last year for a birthday party. We arrived when the place opened at 10 and stayed until around 2:30, so I wasn't able to do some rides, especially the Go-Karts. Compared to last year, the outdoor section has completely changed with the Splashplex addition.

The first thing I did was their only roller coaster, a spinning wild mouse clone made by SBF-Visa. Then I went to their bowling alley, which I suck at bowling, followed by the Laser Tag. I don't even know my score for the Laser Tag, but I think it was rather low. We then had lunch where the parties are usually held. I bought a lunch at the place because I didn't felt like bringing one and rather follow the park rules of not bringing outside food (In general, I follow and prefer park rules over school rules.).

After lunch, I went to their Foam Ball Blaster attraction where you shoot foam balls at people. After that I entered the Splshplex, their new water park expansion they did this year. It opened two weeks ago, and was an okay park. The biggest disadvantage was that the water was near freezing.

I first did the Lazy River, followed by their yellow body slide. The park has two body slides which are the same experience, but one has a yellow color scheme, the other is painted green. Both have two drops: the first is about 15 feet, with the next being around 40 feet and pretty forceful (at least 3 Gs). Then I did their tube slides. The orange one is enclosed and well heated, the other is purple and open. The latter was also rather boring. Before I left, I went to their new basketball pool. Before the Splashplex, there was a small pool that went up to two meters deep which was removed.

I then got my arcade credit card and only spent half my credits just in case I return in the summer. I ended the trip riding their five story drop tower built by Moser Rides. I was going to ride the FunTwister, but there wasn't enough time.

Something I got to say about the rules was that they had a strict no running rule in which if you get caught twice, you get kicked out which wasn't enforced at all. Also the employees were rather entertaining and not very strict. This one at the slide complex was racing the riders on the tube slides and talking about mix tapes. Another one at the drop tower was allowing re-rides as long as you get out of your seat. This was what I also found last year when I went. And I believe video taping the rides was allowed, but I didn't do it. Also, that same girl that told me not to video tape the Pirate Ship last month was there and was in line not far on the roller coaster the same time I was in line.

In general it was a good day, giving this trip a 7/10 because of the short amount of time we were given reducing the rides I rode. i plan on returning later this summer to check the rides I didn't do.

I'm posting a link to the Funplex website to give further information on the place.