VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Six Flags Great Adventure 7/17/16

Viper26

It's been five weeks since I been to Six Flags Great Adventure. I arrived at 11 instead of 3 in the afternoon to make the best of short lines. Crowds were lower than average for most of the time I was at the park with the park being crowded by the time I left as most people went to Hurricane Harbor.

When I entered the park I checked to see the line for The Joker. It was about an hour wait which I don't think is really worth standing in especially when you are standing in the non shaded part of the queue. The first ride I did was El Toro twice: first in the front row and then in car 2. It was a ten minute wait to get on each time. My response to the ride operators when they ask you how was the ride was that it is better than Millennium Force.

The next ride I rode was Nitro in row four with a 15 minute wait. I ended up blacking out on the helix. Next I did Batman The Ride which had a walk on wait. Despite the welding done earlier this month, I still found that Batman wasn't any smoother. And I grayed out on the first three inversions. While leaving Batman, I saw that the Dark Knight Coaster had about an hour wait, possibly because it is an indoor coaster.

Green Lantern had a half hour wait but it looked like it was an hour because they didn't use the switchbacks and the unnecessary use of sprinklers holding back the line. After that, I did my first extreme attraction which was the Great American Road Race. It was a good experience as my first time doing a go-kart attraction and I would definitely do it again.

Kingda Ka was down for most of the early afternoon but it was up and running again by the time I left the Go Karts. Next was Bizarro with no wait like always. I finished my trip with another ride on Nitro and I rode the Skyway to get there. Skull Mountain had a nearl hour long wait but it would probably be a 20 minute wwait with the fast operations they have. While I was leaving, there was a lot of people coming in from Hurricane Harbor which will make the park busier, but I didn't have to worry about the crowds. It was a good trip to the park with shorter lines in the early afternoon.

Edited by Viper26

Was there someone at Batman assigning people to rows? I heard later in the day they was a ride operator at the station entrance telling people what row to go to. If it was just for later in the day when the park was crowded, that would be better than it becoming something permanent.

Was there someone at Batman assigning people to rows? I heard later in the day they was a ride operator at the station entrance telling people what row to go to. If it was just for later in the day when the park was crowded, that would be better than it becoming something permanent.

There was a girl standing near the turnstile but she wasn't assigning rows (possibly because it was a walk on wait). I just hope this doesn't become permanent and only done on the busiest days.

All the BTR's are starting to show there age, the one at Georgia makes a horrible noise when you sit near the front, it's also a head-banger.

Sounds like time for an overhaul.

There was a girl standing near the turnstile but she wasn't assigning rows (possibly because it was a walk on wait). I just hope this doesn't become permanent and only done on the busiest days.

I wonder why. I'd love to see attendants stationed at station entrances (as at Cedar Point) to control flow of people and fix the chronic issue of overcrowded stations at our park. I hope they don't start assigning rows, though.