VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

New 2008 GA Commercials

29yrswithaGApass

I've been hearing the new GA commercials on the radio for several weeks now, but last night I caught a TV ad for the first time this year. Needless to say, I miss the old style commercials that featured a Great Adventure theme song or even Mr Six with his little song and dance.

The barking Asian "More Flags More Fun" head seems a little too annoying for me.

I'll have to set the DVR to record Saturday Night Live so hopefully I can grab it during one of the commercial breaks.

SFhead.jpg

UPDATE: View the 2008 commercial by clicking the image below.

gallery_2_28_64370.jpg

I always liked the commercial from a few years ago where a helicopter flew over Rolling Thunder and Medusa as they were cresting the lift hills. Mix with music clip shots of the rides it action, it made for a fun commercial that actually showed GA.

Pete

I always though the RT part was cool since I was operating. :sun:

Red Rocket and Blue Bomber & Yellow Lightnin' and The Green Tooth Bandit looked hot racing on those hills.

** In 2000, there was a short lived commercial with a cartoonish flight over the park. They had a cartoon Ferris Wheel and cartoon four tents, etc. Does anybody have this on tape?

Edited by darkridedan

** In 2000, there was a short lived commercial with a cartoonish flight over the park. They had a cartoon Ferris Wheel and cartoon four tents, etc. Does anybody have this on tape?

I remember that commercial! I still have tons of video tapes to go through but I've been very successful so far in finding a lot of Great Adventure treasures.

I always liked when the park used cartoon graphics for advertising like to the print ad below:

gallery_2_202_397098.jpg

^ That was actually a full page newspaper ad. It took about eight scans stitched together to make that image. I was impressed with the way it turned out.

By the way, does anyone have access to a large format scanner? If so, please PM me or email us at feedback@greatadventurehistory.com . Thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

i don't mean to be negative but i despise this new commercial if they want to get people in i suggest they dont have someone screaming at them to have fun bring back mr. six (old guy) he was one of the best things they ever did.