VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Justice League: Battle for Metropolis to Debut in 2017 at SFGA

29yrswithaGApass

It's been a while since I rode Houdini, but isn't there a pre-show there?

Speaking of Houdini, that attraction seems to get almost zero discussion here on the forums. I did it once, and have no desire to return to it. It kind of made me dizzy and sick to my stomach. All pain and no gain....LOL

There's a preshow on Houdini that somewhat summarizes the life of Harry Houdini. It's not a very good preshow and it is hard to hear what the narrator says.

There's a preshow on Houdini that somewhat summarizes the life of Harry Houdini. It's not a very good preshow and it is hard to hear what the narrator says.

Too many people talking. It's pretty outdated to be honest.
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I was just reading through the section here on the Chiller. Looking at the photos, it's so hard to picture it being basically where JL is today, right across from the Showcase Theater. The area was so much more active with the Showcase, Chiller, Autobahn and the Batman Stunt Show going on. Too bad the Chiller was a disaster for the park. They really should have gotten a refund for that coaster. Not only for the millions to originally build it, but the millions to try and fix all the problems over a decade of futility. But at least now we have JL, if nothing else in that area....

I was just reading through the section here on the Chiller. Looking at the photos, it's so hard to picture it being basically where JL is today, right across from the Showcase Theater. The area was so much more active with the Showcase, Chiller, Autobahn and the Batman Stunt Show going on. Too bad the Chiller was a disaster for the park. They really should have gotten a refund for that coaster. Not only for the millions to originally build it, but the millions to try and fix all the problems over a decade of futility. But at least now we have JL, if nothing else in that area....

10 years later I still can't walk through the Movietown area without thinking of Chiller. It had an awesome presence and was literally the perfect compliment to the Big 3 coasters. Also, don't forget Freefall and Movietown Water Effect, too. That area used to be the spot to be in the late '90's/early '00's.

10 years later I still can't walk through the Movietown area without thinking of Chiller. It had an awesome presence and was literally the perfect compliment to the Big 3 coasters. Also, don't forget Freefall and Movietown Water Effect, too. That area used to be the spot to be in the late '90's/early '00's.

Yup - the Water Effect was basically where the Dark Knight ride is now, behind the Chiller.

• 1 month later...

I was at the park last night. They finally have labels by each gun identifying the laser color. Still didn't help my score though. I really stink at it.

It's tough to figure out who's firing at what when there are 6 people in the car and you're being thrown around like a rag doll.

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got back to the park to try Justice League and if I had 1 word to describe this ride it would be amazing. The queue and ride itself made me feel like I left NJ and was transported to Orlando. I really thought it was on the same level of quality of what you would find at Universal. The mix of screens and actual props / animatronics was good too. Without having to think twice, it easily takes over as my favorite non coaster ride in the park (before it was a tie between Zumanjaro and Saw Mill Log Flume). 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Yoshi said:

I finally got back to the park to try Justice League and if I had 1 word to describe this ride it would be amazing. The queue and ride itself made me feel like I left NJ and was transported to Orlando. I really thought it was on the same level of quality of what you would find at Universal. The mix of screens and actual props / animatronics was good too. Without having to think twice, it easily takes over as my favorite non coaster ride in the park (before it was a tie between Zumanjaro and Saw Mill Log Flume). 

Also Tried it for the first time today with my six year old nephew, and it was amazing. The only two other dark Rides I have experienced are The Bah Humbug Ride and Resses Extreme Cup Challenge. I had low expectations for Justice League due to just graphics being mostly used, boy was I wrong. The Special Effects are amazing, the easy targets are great for the kids and it blew Hershey's Dark Ride out of the water. Only complaint was Operations, we wanted to sit together, the line started at the 45 Minute Sign, took about 32 Minutes, we stayed to the left for two or more and when we get up there, the Operator trys to split us up. So I Poliety tell him that we are not In the single rider line, he says sorry but we have to go on, so we have some back and forth with me telling him that I'm not splitting up with my six year old nephew and I wouldn't have waited a extra 10-15 minutes in the two or more line, Finally I ask for a supervisor and he concedes and puts us together. Really wish they open the path so you don't have to walk all the way around no more, the outside of the building looks awesome as well.

^ That's really too bad. Wish they would make the single-rider line start earlier. Half the time I see it, it's empty, which is a real waste of capacity. Considering they were building these rides from scratch, not sure why they couldn't design them with 4 seats to a row like almost everything else....

40 minutes ago, pashacar said:

^ That's really too bad. Wish they would make the single-rider line start earlier. Half the time I see it, it's empty, which is a real waste of capacity. Considering they were building these rides from scratch, not sure why they couldn't design them with 4 seats to a row like almost everything else....

The vehicles are pre-designed products from Oceaneering - it's actually called the EVO 6 because of it's 6 seats, which is the cost-effective version of their larger EVOLUTION ride vehicles (7, 8, and 12 passenger options)
https://www.oceaneering.com/entertainment_systems/entertainment-ride-systems/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pashacar said:

Wish they would let single rides use the flash pass entrance, and when they get to the station spilt into Flash Pass and Single Rider. Also wish they would have had Loading and unloading Separate and not together, also the station is very small compared to other Dark Rides.

• Like 1

I read a recent report of SFMM's that mentioned how a few of their effects are already only working half the time, and sometimes their vehicle audio isn't even on. And when I rode SFSL's, lots of the audio cues were off, and the last screen wasn't working at all.

So far, I've only had pretty picture-perfect experiences on our JL:BFM, and the only reports of issues I've heard are of minor defacement in the queue. I'm very grateful to the park for that, and I hope they keep it up!

• 11 months later...

I rode it today and had a blast. I was hamming it up playing along with the pre-show and hamming it up on the ride itself. Also, I unashamedly admit that when Cyborg yelled "BOO-YAH!" at the end, I uttered an unholy fan-girl screech.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

For my first post here on the Forum (hi, folks!  Long time fan of Great Adventure, just joining here, and signed up for the Gold Membership for next year!), I just wanted to say that this is a ride I am so looking forward to riding soon!

Didn't get to GA this year (we saved up and went to Walt Disney World and Universal a few weeks ago), but will be going up very soon, one reason being to try this ride!

I only live about 45 minutes away, so it's not a bad drive at all!

• Like 3

• 2 months later...