VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Sat October 8th (weather related)

Mrpq

Thinking of making a trip over to the park this Saturday. Weather says occasional rain during the day and cloudy at night. I look at this as a good chance of the park not being too crowded. Is that a bad thought and will most rides be open or would it be a waste of trip due to things being closed?

I think mostly everything should be open in the rain if it's not heavy rain except for Kingda Ka. Great Adventure has some of the best weather policies of any park I have been to.

I am still undecided if it would be a wasted trip if we go. Tomorrow is really the only day I would be able to make it fright fest. KK being open really isn't the deal breaker. there are plenty of other coaster id prefer to ride

I was going to run over tomorrow to process our new passes. It looks like a chance of showers form 11:00 on with some steady rain around 3:00, showers ending between 10 and 11 tomorrow night.

Obviously that can change in the next 10 minutes but I am not expecting it to be heavy rain all day.

So what I'm saying is, I don't know what to suggest. :-)

What I am saying is I guess, would you guys make a day trip of it? I am coming from Long Island

If you have a season pass and don't mind doing the drive then why not, as long as you don't care about the drive and won't be angry about and have the money for the gas and tolls then why not. Maybe you'll get lucky and the rain won't happen. It seems to avoid the park a lot more then it should.

well my brother has a season pass and my other buddy gets a military discount up to 6 tickets, so its not like we would be paying full price. I dont mind the chance of rain, I just don't wanna go and next to nothing is running