VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Great Adventure 10/7

Viper26

Six Flags Great Adventure had a bring a friend for $14.99 discount today so I used it to bring a friend to the park who has been to Hersheypark before. First we did Rage of the Gargoyles VR/ Skull Mountain which had about a half hour wait. The line was really annoying with younger kids bumping around the walls, but what do you expect from six-year-old kids. Anyway, my VR goggles were working until the first drop, but then it froze in place. So, the VR sucked. As of this trip, Skull Mountain is the coaster I've ridden the second most amount of times (one less than Nitro at 24 rides). Then we went over to El Toro which had a 10 minute wait. This was the first time I rode in the very back row of El Toro as well as my 20th ride. It was much better than the front because you actually come out of your seats on all air time hills and you're whipped on the first drop.

We did Green Lantern after that in the front row. There was only a 15 minute wait and I really hate how the switchbacks are not used which makes the line feel like it's a 45 minute wait. Green Lantern was enjoyable for both of us, and I disagree with converting it to a sit-down.

Kingda Ka would be next, but when we got in line, it broke down, and I believe it was down the rest of the time I was at the park. What a pity! Instead we did Batman in the back row for the first time with a 15 minute wait. Surprisingly, I did not black out, and same with Nitro. Nitro had a 70-90 20-30 minute wait and this was my 25th ride (Woo!). We were going to ride the front row but the line for it was very long. The second row had no line so we did that however. On top of that, the on ride camera was down.

The last ride we did was The Joker with a 10 minute wait. We rode the purple side with only two inversions again. My friend said that he'd never ride ride it but he did and liked it. His favorite in the park is Nitro.

At this point, it was the latest I have ever stayed at the park at 11:15, so we left the park. It was a good day to visit. The problem was there was less zombies than last time I went and it was less crowded. I'll be back on the 21st and hopefully I get to ride Kingda Ka in the next few weeks.

Great report.

Do you get to pick the row you want with Rage of the Gargoyles or do they tell you which row to go to?

They told us to sit towards the back.

Each time i rode they told you where to sit as well. I haven't tried asking to wait for a certain row because each time I was seated in rows i like Middle or front so I'm not sure how effective it would be asking for a row or asking to wait.

Any updates on JL dark ride?

I didn't get to see what was going on at the site. From what I know, nothing really happened. Construction could start during Holiday in the Park or the off season.