VOTE NOW FOR ALL YOUR FAVORITES FROM G.A. 2023 ×

Sat Nov 5th

Mrpq

So headed to the park, figured it would be empty and we wanted to check out Grape Adventure.

Got there as the park opened to see very little crowds going into the park but very long line for Grape Adventure. We headed into the park first to hit most of the rides before going to the wine event.

First we hit Kingda Ka. Walk on for the first ride, but as they where check the train (green train) there seemed to be an issue with the restraints showing locked or not locked so they made us get off and get back in line. They transferred the green train over to the other side of the station and advanced the other two trains. of we went on the first ride of the day, middle car and boy oh boy do we get shook around. You could feel the roughness of the ride as it was pulling out of the station. Roughest ride I could ever remember. Also only sending trains out only once they where full. They said only maintenance could send out an empty train. So even though it was a walk on ride, we still had to wait till the train was full

Next Superman. Again walk on, running both trains. Not much to say here besides it was probably the smoothest coaster we road all day.

Green Lantern. Skipped

Parachute training Center. Walk on, rode twice with out even getting off.

El Toro. They were only filling the first 3 cars. Said they had to do that to be able to send the train out, so no back rides for us that day. Again walk on, rode three times in a row with just switching rows, one including the first row. You could deff tell the ride was running slower that day, probably the cold.

Skull Moutain. Walk on. Cant remember the last time I just walked on to the ride.

Nitro, Walk on running two trains, third one no where in site

Batman. Walk on, running two trains but was only loading ever other train. not sure why they didn't just have one train on the track. I can only ride this coaster once on a visit to the park. I feel like it gets more intense every time I ride it to the point I almost grayed out after coming out fo the first loop.

Drop of Doom, walk on. I really do not like that long walk. As we sat in the car waiting to go up Ka launched. I could not believe how shacky it felt. I was actually a little surprised. Its amazing that on every launch that shack goes through the whole structure.

Joker. walk on. road the purple side this time. I found it more crazy than the green side last time we visited the park but at the same tiem by brother (riding in the seats across from us) said he didn't flip at all. he road again later in the day on the green side and said it was better.

At this point we decided to go over to the wine event. We had season passes so we got in for like $16 bucks each. I thought the event was cool but total craziness at the same time. it was a free for all and people don't seem to care for anyone but themselves. Food trucks were way over priced also.

After spending about 1 1/2 at the wine event we went back into the park.

Dark Knight, pretty much a walk on.

Carousel, walk on

Ferris wheel. longest wait of the day

H G E. wait one ride cycle. It was my fiencees first time on this ride so it was fun watching her trying to figure out what was going on since we wouldn't tell her how it works.

Lots of Holiday in the Park prep going on. Tree at the fountain was basically half up. Seems that only one side of the sky ride will be running since one sides station was already winterized (cabins off the rails and sitting on the floor. No sign of any real work on the new dark ride.

All and all it was a great day at the park. Didn't mid at all that Bizaro and Mine train where closed. Deff the least crowded trip to the park I have ever been to

I will also add that we tried Ka latermin the day but when we got there the entrance was closed. As we walked away we saw them open , so we went back. We get in the statiojn and the ride went down again. Waited 15 min before we bailed

Maybe they were running 2 trains on Batman anticipating larger crowds than there were and had it ready if it was needed or they switched to the cold weather wheels and needed to break them in.

It's good to hear the 3rd train from Nitro is already gone. Hopefully that means the yearly maintenance has already begun on that train so it can be ready for opening day next year. I was really impressed that they had 3 trains running so early at the beginning of this season after 2 trains were still running until January.